Sponsored

Search results

  1. Transmission/engine rattle

    So I ended up adding some fluid. It actually only took about half a quart. I drove around for a while doing some errands and measured it while hot at the house. It is now dead on mark 4. It also did nothing for the rattle I hear. So unfortunately that wasn't the fix I was hoping for. I...
  2. Transmission/engine rattle

    Oh wow, so its a lot more common than I thought. I am going to add fluid into it today if i can. I live in Tampa and the Topical storm is headed my way. But I also just thought of something. The reading on the dipstick are on a stock truck with a rake. But we don't know how it would be...
  3. Transmission/engine rattle

    I ordered 2 quarts from ford. Picking it up in a couple days. Probably won't use 2, but Amazon was more for 1, than ford for 2 so.
  4. Transmission/engine rattle

    Yup, its bone dry. Im convinced it is low, ordering some fluid now. But I won't just dump it all in. Half at a time and take reading after its warm etc.
  5. Transmission/engine rattle

    This was my cold running. This was hot running.
  6. Transmission/engine rattle

    I'm convinced its a little low. Im going to order 1 quart and add half at a time and test it etc.
  7. Transmission/engine rattle

    No, it should be 4-5 when hot. 5-6 when "cold" but engine running. So if this is accurate, I may be able to a little fluid. Some people have added a full quart to get from 5 up to 4 on the markings.
  8. Transmission/engine rattle

    No, I haven't added anything. My "cold" reading, which was turning the truck on and putting the trans in drive, neutral, reverse, etc. For a couple of minutes. It didn't even read on the dipstick. So engine off, completely cold was 4. "Cold" but engine running - not registering Warm reading...
  9. Transmission/engine rattle

    I stuffed some towels in my glove so I could bear to touch the downpipe... here's the reading warm. It looks to be at or below 5. I checked it 3 times. Engine still running after driving around for about an hour.
  10. Transmission/engine rattle

    This is the thread I used as reference. I checked it using the cold method they all describe and I have similar results. After the engine and trans has been running for a few minutes, its not even registering. But I am coming home from running errands. I can attempt to check it hot. I'll see...
  11. Transmission/engine rattle

    So I attempted to check the trans fluid, and I think I may have a potential cause. I check it "cold" where it was leveled, and I started the truck and changed it between drive, neutral, and reverse a few times each. Leaving it in each selection for 30 seconds or so each time. I put it in...
  12. Transmission/engine rattle

    On Tuesday I am going to check the trans fluid level, and then I will put the diff back into its original position. I'll drive around after doing that to see if that has any effect. There is another member who is bone stock who is having the same issue. Maybe there is a chance its the torque...
  13. Transmission/engine rattle

    I'll have to give that a shot. On Tuesday I could jack it up and see if I hear anything rotating the tires around etc. Also I want to check the trans fluid level since a lot of people report it being under filled. The center drive shaft bearing seems fine. I know people tend to hear some kind...
  14. Transmission/engine rattle

    I'm speaking with another member who has the same issue. He's waiting to hear from his dealer. My underside is completely clean. Only recent changes are a diff drop and ICON suspension.
  15. Transmission/engine rattle

    Hey everyone, I have recently started hearing this rattle while under moderate acceleration. It isn't the engine buzzing we all have, it sounds like rocks knocking around. I am not 100% sure if its the engine or transmission. Although if I am in neutral and rev the engine, I do not hear it...





Top