Switch from Car Play to Android Auto

BillinPCB

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Miata, 2019 Ford Ranger Crew Cab XLT, 2019 Ford F53 Motorhome
Thinking about ditching my iPhone and getting a Samsung. I have become somewhat used to CarPlay and it’s occasional quirks and just curious about the user experience with Android Auto. I have 2019 XLT with SYNC 3.4 (climate control works just fine).
Sponsored

WLFPIR8

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
whor.us
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4/Sport in Saber Orange
Occupation
Systems engineer by day, maker and multimedia guru by night.
Vehicle Showcase
AFAIK Carplay has bettter integration and less issues than Android Auto. I'm currently in the realm of wanting to switch from Android TO iPhone for a better experience. Your experience may vary though, but there are probably some good youtube videos that compare the features for you, so you can get a better idea of the differences.

Krzydmnd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger Xlt
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about ditching my iPhone and getting a Samsung. I have become somewhat used to CarPlay and it’s occasional quirks and just curious about the user experience with Android Auto. I have 2019 XLT with SYNC 3.4 (climate control works just fine).
so every few years I switch back and forth from Apple to Android, just to stay relevant and fun. For the past 5 years I've been in the Android world and loving it, until I just recently installed a Kenwood Excelon receiver w wireless and wired CarPlay and Android Auto. The Android Auto experience was less than stellar for me, so I broke out an old iphone and messed around w/ CarPlay for the past few weeks.

My personal preference is CarPlay so far. SO much so, that in combination w/ the new iPhone 12 and a recent Macbook purchase, I'm going back into the Apple machine for a while.

if you're really intent on trying Android, I would say you'll be fine, as Android Auto does work just as well. My personal preference after trying both for a while is CarPlay as they both have workable quirks.

Also, I have a nice gently used Nokia S20+ for sale. :)
Sponsored