First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Strength Coach
16,000-ish miles into this, I replaced the Discoverer AT3 4S with a set of Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV in 265/65R17. The Coopers still have about 8/32” of tread remaining. The thing that drove me to get “real” snow tires is that my wife decided that she really likes driving the Ranger. She’s a Boston-taught driver, which means deep throttle and hard braking. She needs all of the ice-braking capability that I can buy. I’ll put the Coopers back on in the spring, and run them next summer to get my money’s worth from them.

For those who have followed this since the beginning, I think that 25,000 miles is a good estimate of service life for this tire, if you’re going to run them through the summer like I did. I’m back to swapping to snow tires every winter. There’s no money to be saved by running soft rubber in the summer. I’ll be looking for a highway tire with M+S rating, probably Michelin, for my next summer set.
Love a Michelin tire!
I ran the LTX Winter on my Tundra and liked it-only winter tire manufacturer with a mileage warranty.
I’m running the Bridgestone Blizzak DMV2 on my Ranger and it’s been great so far.
For those of you running the Cooper AT4s, go try a dedicated winter tire and then compare it to those Coopers.
Sponsored

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
16,000-ish miles into this, I replaced the Discoverer AT3 4S with a set of Michelin X-Ice Snow SUV in 265/65R17. The Coopers still have about 8/32” of tread remaining. The thing that drove me to get “real” snow tires is that my wife decided that she really likes driving the Ranger. She’s a Boston-taught driver, which means deep throttle and hard braking. She needs all of the ice-braking capability that I can buy. I’ll put the Coopers back on in the spring, and run them next summer to get my money’s worth from them.

For those who have followed this since the beginning, I think that 25,000 miles is a good estimate of service life for this tire, if you’re going to run them through the summer like I did. I’m back to swapping to snow tires every winter. There’s no money to be saved by running soft rubber in the summer. I’ll be looking for a highway tire with M+S rating, probably Michelin, for my next summer set.
It's not a bad idea really ... we used ours on road trip and because of alignment issue they wore noticably in front. Still with 14k on them they are doing just fine this winter.