First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Larait
Occupation
Retired Navy
Since buying this brand new back in june 2019, I have had two issues; left side lane assist when towing two trailers ( small 8x4, Jayco Feather 2014 3800lbs), and now a faulty HVAC blower flap (manufacture error). The left lane assist seems to go off as message error in dash, but works fine on vehicle and trailer. Phil Long has tried to rectify problem but to no avail. They seem very ignorant to how to make the problem to recreate the error. Five times since July to the present, they have tried. I told the to plug either a seven or four pin into socket and place tape on rear sensor. They never listen to a word I have to say, until this last June (2020). They tried to tell me it was because I didn't input the trailer length, what a bunch of cads who don't listen. I have done all the required and even disabled the driver assist, but problem still exists. The second problem has made me question the viability of FORD. It started this last May when driving to Burlington, CO, the left side AC quit. So I turned the heat all the way up and back down to Cold. It worked, but when my wife drove it to work in June under 89 degrees, it just quit and blowed hot air, while the right worked. The dealer said it was a design flaw and the flap broke. Well it is supposed to be in the design phase as of June, July and well here it August. It really sucks to drive for 2hours in 110 degrees to camping. If I wanted an old truck like my dad's 1969 Ford Camper Special, I would have bought that. But I dropped $36,000 on this $46,000 truck that expected to be tough built and reliable. They tell me to suck it up. I have contacted a lawyer, because they can't give me a straight answer if the heat will work properly under -20 degrees this winter. Don't get me wrong it is a powerful little truck, but the quality is going down. I have 16,000 miles on it so far.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Since buying this brand new back in june 2019, I have had two issues; left side lane assist when towing two trailers ( small 8x4, Jayco Feather 2014 3800lbs), and now a faulty HVAC blower flap (manufacture error). The left lane assist seems to go off as message error in dash, but works fine on vehicle and trailer. Phil Long has tried to rectify problem but to no avail. They seem very ignorant to how to make the problem to recreate the error. Five times since July to the present, they have tried. I told the to plug either a seven or four pin into socket and place tape on rear sensor. They never listen to a word I have to say, until this last June (2020). They tried to tell me it was because I didn't input the trailer length, what a bunch of cads who don't listen. I have done all the required and even disabled the driver assist, but problem still exists. The second problem has made me question the viability of FORD. It started this last May when driving to Burlington, CO, the left side AC quit. So I turned the heat all the way up and back down to Cold. It worked, but when my wife drove it to work in June under 89 degrees, it just quit and blowed hot air, while the right worked. The dealer said it was a design flaw and the flap broke. Well it is supposed to be in the design phase as of June, July and well here it August. It really sucks to drive for 2hours in 110 degrees to camping. If I wanted an old truck like my dad's 1969 Ford Camper Special, I would have bought that. But I dropped $36,000 on this $46,000 truck that expected to be tough built and reliable. They tell me to suck it up. I have contacted a lawyer, because they can't give me a straight answer if the heat will work properly under -20 degrees this winter. Don't get me wrong it is a powerful little truck, but the quality is going down. I have 16,000 miles on it so far.
Hi Joseph,

Have you opened up a trouble ticket with Ford Customer Service? If not, I highly recommend you do so and then elevate this problem level to request a Field Service Engineer's involvement. I can't help fix your truck, but it appears the dealership just wants to send you on your way. If you can, I suggest trying another dealer.

Sad you are having such severe problems.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

jacko3658

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Larait
Occupation
Retired Navy
Hi Joseph,

Have you opened up a trouble ticket with Ford Customer Service? If not, I highly recommend you do so and then elevate this problem level to request a Field Service Engineer's involvement. I can't help fix your truck, but it appears the dealership just wants to send you on your way. If you can, I suggest trying another dealer.

Sad you are having such severe problems.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I give that a shot to see if that works. I guess I should of posted here earlier instead of just reading every ones post. Thanks partner.
Sponsored