HD Max Bed extender

Mantis

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 Ford Edge SEL
Can you tell me how much does the HD Max bed extender clear the top side rails of the truck? Thinking about getting one of these and the Truxedo Sentry CT tonneau cover but according to Truxedo FAQ the cover's side rails extend 3" per side into the bed from the truck's side rails. I want to make sure the bed extender won't interfere with the covers side rails when it is pivoted in and out of the truck.
Sponsored

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Can you tell me how much does the HD Max bed extender clear the top side rails of the truck? Thinking about getting one of these and the Truxedo Sentry CT tonneau cover but according to Truxedo FAQ the cover's side rails extend 3" per side into the bed from the truck's side rails. I want to make sure the bed extender won't interfere with the covers side rails when it is pivoted in and out of the truck.
Unfortunately, we took the extender out when we installed our DECKED system. Measuring from where it looked to sit on the video, I only got 2", meaning you'd probably have issues.

You may still be able to use the thing, you'd just have to completely remove it when you're not utilizing it since it won't rotate over into your bed. Which, admittedly, isn't ideal.