First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Sport
Occupation
Parachute Rigger
Thanks for the info @Wes Siler . I purchased and installed the Goose Gear rear seat kit and it's worth every penny. It's well made, installed easy enough and it opens the rear seat area to a lot of storage options including mobile dog kennel.

IMG_6785.jpeg
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info @Wes Siler . I purchased and installed the Goose Gear rear seat kit and it's worth every penny. It's well made, installed easy enough and it opens the rear seat area to a lot of storage options including mobile dog kennel.

IMG_6785.jpeg
Thanks for sharing the picture and your impressions. I am definitely interested in this. It does not show on this image, but does it protect the stereo equipment or leave it exposed? If it covers the speakers, does it impact the sound quality much?

Mark Gale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Sport
Occupation
Parachute Rigger
Thanks for sharing the picture and your impressions. I am definitely interested in this. It does not show on this image, but does it protect the stereo equipment or leave it exposed? If it covers the speakers, does it impact the sound quality much?
My Ranger is XLT trim did not have the premium sound system (Lariat) that includes an amp and subwoofer on the back wall of the cab. Both of those would need to be relocated. The kit includes a mounting location for the amp but not the subwoofer.

From the Goose Gear product description...

"The factory subwoofer has to be removed from the vehicle or relocated by the end user at this time. This product does not have accommodations for the factory subwoofer box as found in Lariat and higher model Rangers. It does have a mounting position for the factory amplifier located in the lower right-hand corner of the driver's side back wall as well as a mouse hole to chase the factory wires through."

IMG_2643_480x480.jpg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My Ranger is XLT trim did not have the premium sound system (Lariat) that includes an amp and subwoofer on the back wall of the cab. Both of those would need to be relocated. The kit includes a mounting location for the amp but not the subwoofer.

From the Goose Gear product description...

"The factory subwoofer has to be removed from the vehicle or relocated by the end user at this time. This product does not have accommodations for the factory subwoofer box as found in Lariat and higher model Rangers. It does have a mounting position for the factory amplifier located in the lower right-hand corner of the driver's side back wall as well as a mouse hole to chase the factory wires through."

IMG_2643_480x480.jpg
Hey, Mark, thanks for the detailed explanation and image, which are very informative. This convinces me that the product and setup would be more trouble than it is worth. I am glad to have found this out before spending any money!

CoreyH

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm redoing my rear seat delete. Upgraded version will extend to the rear of the front seats and will have gas strut liftable floor panels (sectional) with camlocks. I am basically going to regain use of the factory storage areas.

I think total cost will be around $100 for the wood, faux pebble leather wrap, gas struts, and misc hardware. I think build time will be maybe one day if I do it all at once.

I think I'll use the other $1,800 I saved from buying this product and get some hookers and cocaine. Probably money better spent.
I think I found my long lost brother

CoreyH

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Once V3 is done I'll be posting a write-up in the DIY forum like I did for my 10 foot platform rack, feel free to copy it, modify it, or whatever. lol
I will happily throw you some cash for the design of this set up.
Sponsored