Finally, A truck for me! (somewhere in Missouri!)

Bill in KC

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4X2 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
I have been looking for a truck for several years. Since this will PROBABLY be my last big vehicle purchase, I opted to wait until I was happy with the product. Along came Ford with their new Ranger. I'm pleased but I have MANY questions.

1. Will the local dealer provide a build sheet to show how the truck was ordered? (I bought mine from a rental car company to save 11K)
2. I am told I have the trailer package (hence the need for a build sheet) and yet no plug for the wiring. Hmmm..
3. What general tire life are you seeing? I am hoping to get a realistic 50K, but don't know if this is viable!
4. I am seeing 28 MPG fairly consistently in the first 1000 miles. I drive mainly highways and freeways. Are others seeing this level of mileage?
5. The system says it will auto upgrade softwares if there is a WiFi connection while it is parked. I have connected my Ranger to my WiFi but wonder.... Does the system notify you if an upgrade was made?

That is enough for now. I am looking forward to sharing and reading about other owners and their experiences!
Sponsored

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
my experience with driving rentals... they are only a rental for a reason. never buy a rental. had a cherokee for a road trip from cleveland to montana and the change oil message popped up right after I left the lot.... little over 5000 miles after that I returned the car. I won't get into the bad stuff...

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Actually right now is a good time to buy a rental as the rental companies are having to trim their fleets due to COVID.

Nobody is flying which means nobody is renting.

As far as rental cars, I rent frequently and used to jump around between vendors until finally settling on Hertz as my primary (only) vendor.

I wouldn't have a problem purchasing a Hertz rental vehicle.

I probably wouldn't purchase a Budget rental vehicle.

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking for a truck for several years. Since this will PROBABLY be my last big vehicle purchase, I opted to wait until I was happy with the product. Along came Ford with their new Ranger. I'm pleased but I have MANY questions.

1. Will the local dealer provide a build sheet to show how the truck was ordered? (I bought mine from a rental car company to save 11K)
2. I am told I have the trailer package (hence the need for a build sheet) and yet no plug for the wiring. Hmmm..
3. What general tire life are you seeing? I am hoping to get a realistic 50K, but don't know if this is viable!
4. I am seeing 28 MPG fairly consistently in the first 1000 miles. I drive mainly highways and freeways. Are others seeing this level of mileage?
5. The system says it will auto upgrade softwares if there is a WiFi connection while it is parked. I have connected my Ranger to my WiFi but wonder.... Does the system notify you if an upgrade was made?

That is enough for now. I am looking forward to sharing and reading about other owners and their experiences!
Nothing wrong with rentals. People don't abuse them as much as you might think now if you're buying a rental Mustang GT I'd pass. If you can save thousands of dollars on a rental I would say go for it. If it has under 36,000 miles you can buy a Ford contract from flood Ford at a huge discount. But you got $11,000 to play with. Every single vehicle you see on the road is used think about that for a second. Rental companies maintain their vehicles better than some people
Sponsored