Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Haven't driven it since before Christmas and checked the app today. Got a message it has entered the deep sleep mode and connectivity is temporarily unavailable. Manually turn on your vehicle to deactivate this mode. Guess it has gone into hibernation even with the ctech charger having the battery fully charged. Guess I'll let it sleep till spring.
We have been driving my wife's new Subaru because it handles the garbage weather better with the all wheel drive automatically engaging with changing conditions. All my previous trucks had auto 4wd modes that are much better for the winter weather we see I am finding. This definitely is the last truck I will own without the 4wd auto equipped transfer case.
Sleep tight Ranger. Better weather iss just around the corner ?.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Even with the maintainer connected they'll go into DSM after 14 days. I guess they're like groundhogs and need their sleep too. Hopefully he doesn't see his shadow and sleep for 6 more weeks. :bandit::oops:

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Even with the maintainer connected they'll go into DSM after 14 days. I guess they're like groundhogs and need their sleep too. Hopefully he doesn't see his shadow and sleep for 6 more weeks. :bandit::oops:
Which makes no sense at all. I’m willing to bet the algorithm doesn’t check battery voltage. I have a MY21 BS and MY22 Ranger on separate CTEK’s and after a few days Ford Pass says going to deep sleep to safe battery. WTF OVER…….

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Which makes no sense at all. I’m willing to bet the algorithm doesn’t check battery voltage. I have a MY21 BS and MY22 Ranger on separate CTEK’s and after a few days Ford Pass says going to deep sleep to safe battery. WTF OVER…….
Thats crazy after a few days. I've only let mine sit once for 18 days and I got the notification on the 14th day almost to the exact minute I parked it.

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I haven't gotten that message due to lengthy inactivity, but I've gotten it a few times when the temp gets around -20 or so; basically, it's too cold for the battery, so it isolates itself to preserve power, or something like that.

OP
OP
Fordup

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Thats crazy after a few days. I've only let mine sit once for 18 days and I got the notification on the 14th day almost to the exact minute I parked it.
Mine has been over 30 days and I didn't have the notice last week when I hooked up the charger. Wonder if the fast change in battery voltage set it off. I hooked the positive to the battery post and negative to the ground bolt on thr fender. I did open the door a couple times to get stuff out though.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Even with the maintainer connected they'll go into DSM after 14 days. ...
Mine has been in my garage plugged in since November. I just logged in on my phone and everything shows up and seems fine. When I didn't plug it in, it was sending notifications within a week and I couldn't access it.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine has been in my garage plugged in since November. I just logged in on my phone and everything shows up and seems fine. When I didn't plug it in, it was sending notifications within a week and I couldn't access it.
Did it go into deep sleep mode? Mine did when I was gone for 18 days and it was on the maintainer.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
No, when it does, I can't access it.
Yeah that's unfortunately the way it works and you're locked out of the apps functions.

Magnetetic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Black Appearance Package, 1996 Ranger XLT, 2002 Toyota Sienna CE
I've been getting the message and at seemingly random times. I thought it was due to my small voltage leak (illuminated light toggle switch stays on). Voltage meter still shows strong numbers. I deleted the FordPass app and reinstalled it. Haven't got the message since.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Put some Sta-Bil in the gas tank.
The Sport Trac I had before had a 4-Auto mode and I hated the way it jerked you around. If there was a lot of snow I’d just lock it in 4-Hi.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
14 days? 18 days? 30 days? :shock:

Once I get my Ranger, it will never see those non-use time spans. If I have a work week where it doesn't move, which is entirely possible, then come Saturday morning lookout! I'll be stupid frantic for some seat time. Hand me my coffee and get out of my way. On those occasions I'll be bouncing out of bed just to get my needed truck time.

Of course even if I don't drive it prior to work in the mornings, I can still hang out in the garage, sipping coffee, and whispering sweet nothings to my Tremor. :giggle:

Yea I'm an idiot. And am ridiculously excited about my soon to be here truck. I'll do me. You do you. :like:

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Mine goes to sleep about every 14 days or so if not started, and it is on a Noco charger, so I assume it is time based and not battery SOC based. I don't drive it much in the winter as its mainly a toad behind my RV in the spring/summer/fall.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
Mine goes to sleep about every 14 days or so if not started, and it is on a Noco charger, so I assume it is time based and not battery SOC based. ...
I wonder why mine doesn't hibernate while on my tender. It's been well over 60 days now and it's still awake. I only started plugging it in after seeing notices after just a few days. I figured my battery may have been getting low.
Sponsored