Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Yup, it's a truck camper on a trailer with a side-by-side on the back. Was hard to get a good picture but I took the best I could while driving.

Screenshot_20200325-153905.png
Well....A man (or woman) gotta do what a man (or woman) gotta do.:D
Sometimes you have to improvise.:cool:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil you would think any highway patrol seeing this would kick him off the road!
Hi Langely,

Not really as we see much the same heading South toward the Mexican Boarder in similar fashion. Sonora Plated vehicle piled high above with everything imaginable. They should be pulled over but State Troopers turn their head. Common occurrence is to see a load dumped all along I 19 with clothes, furniture and mattresses in the vehicle lanes. These old pickups are stacked high with goods gotten from Garage Sales in Tucson, Green Valley and so on. We marvel at what they pile high along with a towed vehicle towing a vehicle behind a loaded truck.... Just flat unbelievable.
If we can go a year without having to dodge a mattress in the vehicle lane , it is a rare occurrence....

Maybe some time I will take a picture of one or two of this vehicles we encounter, but driving, I pay attention to the road and the wife has not mastered taking a cellphone picture at this point...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Last edited:

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Never reversed doubles or triples before, but this looks like a lot of fun doing just that...:shock:
While texting his baby mamma, lil’ dip and a butt going listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd ?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Never reversed doubles or triples before, but this looks like a lot of fun doing just that...:shock:
We had trailers at work that were similar. They could extend to hold a 90 foot power pole and the front axle was a 5th wheel with about 8 foot long tongue with pintle hook (double pivot). They turned great in the city but backing up was reversed from a conventional trailer. It took me years to get good at backing them and was always fun to watch a newbee try it!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
We had trailers at work that were similar. They could extend to hold a 90 foot power pole and the front axle was a 5th wheel with about 8 foot long tongue with pintle hook (double pivot). They turned great in the city but backing up was reversed from a conventional trailer. It took me years to get good at backing them and was always fun to watch a newbee try it!
I was about 13 or 14 when my Dad taught me how to reverse a trailer with his archaic '41 Ford panel delivery. If he were alive now, he'd surely think sorcery was involved in modern day trailer towing technology.
The trailer was a cement mixer, any miscalculated steering input would send that mixer veering wildly off of it's intended path.
Sure paid off, reversing a 2 piece ladder truck years later without a tiller driver was a piece of cake.