Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hideous isn't a strong enough word to describe my feelings on the body styles of these Japanese autos.
The cheese grater analogy for the new Tundra is perfect.
Most Japanese cars remind me of insects or bottom feeding fish.

All of the manufacturers try too hard to make their pickups look like a Freightliner, Kenworth, etc.
A grille that goes from just off the pavement and runs up 3 1/2 feet is a bit much.
I think Toyota was jealous of Nissan's title of "The Ugliest Truck" so Toyota had to up their game.
They don't just "do ugly", they double down on it !
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm all up for making fun of the Tundra, it is indeed a hideous truck.

But I definitely was not expecting to see a picture of an old-school actor in yellowface on this forum, in 2022, comparing it to "Asian Heritage" as a joke. I know you meant zero harm, but as an Asian man myself, I can tell you that the joke comes across a bit ignorant & insensitive in this day and age. I'm not sure if you have many asian friends (I surmise that you don't), but I can tell you that your comparison of a Japanese truck, to Fu Man Chu, as being asian heritage is not relevant nor funny.
Get over yourself.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
saw one the other day. so ugly I took a picture.. looks like a big cheese grater

IMG_4828.jpeg
Well arguably there are better uses for chrome, that's a bit over the top, but seeing more chrome on recent Toyotas, Hyundais and KIAs. Maybe opera lights are due for a comeback as well.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
That's my point alltogether.

This woke bullshit does nothing but divide people. And many times the people pushing it are the biggest offenders.

As a group, Asians are one of the MOST racist people on the planet.
And is resulting in an entire generation that is week and thinks everyone needs to tip tow around their feelings. Because, you know their feelings are all that matters.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.