XLT: Remote Keyless-Entry not working

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I recently received my 2021 XLT (302A, tech are possibly relevant packages).

Remote Keyless-Entry doesn't seem to be working. Is there a setting to enable this? I didn't see it in the manual -- apparently it should just work :)

Or, did I misunderstand that passive remote keyless entry should be included? It seemed like it, based on the 2021 order guide.
Sponsored

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Hey, JB.

One of the reasons that I insisted on having a Lariat was because RKE was not available on XL/XLT. I wanted to double-check that so I went to the build and price and compared the trim levels. According to this chart, it is not available. (Intelligent Access is their term for RKE.)

Hope this helps.

1614984891086.png

OP
OP

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
(Intelligent Access is their term for RKE.)
Thanks for that.... Hmmm, maybe that's my confusion, since they DO list RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) for XLT.

Maybe that just refers to the lock/unlock on the remote...a phrasing that definitely deceived me :p

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for that.... Hmmm, maybe that's my confusion, since they DO list RKE (Remote Keyless Entry) for XLT.

Maybe that just refers to the lock/unlock on the remote...a phrasing that definitely deceived me :p
I'm looking through my online version of the 2020 Ranger owner's manual. I don't see ANY mention of RKE. It does talk about "keyless entry", but that entire section is devoted to the Securicode panel where you can type a 5-digit number. Did you see it in the sales literature? It would be very upsetting if you were led to believe it was available when it wasn't.

OP
OP

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
To see where they say it: search for "Remote Keyless-Entry" in the 2021 order guide.
It'll show up on page 4, labeled as Standard for XLT.

(same as the 2020 guide, at least for this feature)

I agree though, the manual is confusing, because it doesn't list that. Which is why I asked here for help :D
Sponsored

Last edited: