Weresquatch

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Isuzu Rodeo
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and plan on buying a Ranger at the end of the summer. I'm trying to choose between the XL and XLT. I'll be choosing the FX4 option as well as the bed and towing packages either way. I'd really like to hear people weigh in on the differences given:
1) I just plain like the looks of the XL outfitted this way better than the XLT. I know you can get the XLT black package or whatever for more money but...
2) I'm not sure I care about carpet as I'll be putting in mud trays front and rear.
3) The Nav screen I think is the biggest difference I can see. I'm thinking I can always swap it out aftermarket for less than the difference in price if I really decide I want it.

The MSRP difference is about $2500. Talk to me. I'll go drive both configs but I'm looking for input from people who are currently living with these vehicles. Thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to joining your ranks and pushing this rig out in the woods.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I like the XLT I got, I live in Michigan, so heated seats are really nice to have. There weren't any XL's on the lot, so for the 2500 you're about to save, I'd still go with the XLT. Dual climate, Navigation, Apple/Android CarPlay, not having to hack and slash the dash to get an aftermarket head unit in properly... All these things are important to me.

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
According to the Ford site, The XLT is almost $4000 more, and SYNC3 is not included, but is part of a $995 package. Which is a LOT of cash for a bigger screen in the dash.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
According to the Ford site, The XLT is almost $4000 more, and SYNC3 is not included, but is part of a $995 package. Which is a LOT of cash for a bigger screen in the dash.
I'd pay that much for Carplay alone... you get navigation, etc... I didn't think the XLT could be had without the 8" screen, but again, I didn't order my truck.

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
When I built the XL vs the XLT the difference in price was $3400 for my choices. There is currently an extra $1000 for the XLT with 302A that is available, so for myself that would put the price difference at $2400, knock off a couple hundred for difference in X-plan invoice reduction then you are looking at about a $2200 difference. Let us not forget about resale value, and all of those nice little items that you may or may not need or want, but certainly won't be kicked out of bed for eating crackers. That $2200 difference is easily within the realm of intrinsic value. For me personally I assign at least $2000 for that. So now I am in the hole $200, but my psyche very much enjoys a lighter interior over ebony. Medium Stone is not available in the XL. XLT for me. But, I would be good with an XL as well!

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Aftermarket is a lot harder these days because of how much the "radio" is tied into everything else.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
it takes alot of balls to admit to your friends that you like the XL better than an XLT

much the same way you tell them, over too many beers, that you're into BBW ladies.
I ordered a XL STX 4X4.

Carpet has no place in a truck and there is no carpet delete on the XLT.

There is nothing in the XLT that is worth the extra money for me.

And the XL Looks better.

I could have ordered and paid for a any Ranger that I wanted.

What I wanted was a supercab STX 4x4 with tow package, locking rear diff, and sliding rear window.

I guess I have large stones.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
When I built the XL vs the XLT the difference in price was $3400 for my choices. There is currently an extra $1000 for the XLT with 302A that is available, so for myself that would put the price difference at $2400, knock off a couple hundred for difference in X-plan invoice reduction then you are looking at about a $2200 difference. Let us not forget about resale value, and all of those nice little items that you may or may not need or want, but certainly won't be kicked out of bed for eating crackers. That $2200 difference is easily within the realm of intrinsic value. For me personally I assign at least $2000 for that. So now I am in the hole $200, but my psyche very much enjoys a lighter interior over ebony. Medium Stone is not available in the XL. XLT for me. But, I would be good with an XL as well!
Check that math. Xplan lessons XL price as well. Got 1k off mine with xplan.

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and plan on buying a Ranger at the end of the summer. I'm trying to choose between the XL and XLT. I'll be choosing the FX4 option as well as the bed and towing packages either way. I'd really like to hear people weigh in on the differences given:
1) I just plain like the looks of the XL outfitted this way better than the XLT. I know you can get the XLT black package or whatever for more money but...
2) I'm not sure I care about carpet as I'll be putting in mud trays front and rear.
3) The Nav screen I think is the biggest difference I can see. I'm thinking I can always swap it out aftermarket for less than the difference in price if I really decide I want it.

The MSRP difference is about $2500. Talk to me. I'll go drive both configs but I'm looking for input from people who are currently living with these vehicles. Thanks in advance. I'm really looking forward to joining your ranks and pushing this rig out in the woods.
Get the XL. They look better and no fluff. Carpets belong in houses and cars, not trucks.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Hello everyone!

Honestly, you are the only one that can decide if the extra money is worth it to you. I ended up with XLT and I am most definitely glad I went that way. I like the the bigger screen, remote start, and climate control.

YMMV, but I had an XL FX4 ordered for 34540. MSRP was 35540. I had issues with my order, so I canceled it and bought an XLT FX4 Sport with an MSRP of 39560 and paid 34500.

DBRanger

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX 4X4 2007 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, you are the only one that can decide if the extra money is worth it to you. I ended up with XLT and I am most definitely glad I went that way. I like the the bigger screen, remote start, and climate control.

YMMV, but I had an XL FX4 ordered for 34540. MSRP was 35540. I had issues with my order, so I canceled it and bought an XLT FX4 Sport with an MSRP of 39560 and paid 34500.
Remote start is a 'non-starter' since they all have it. Pardon the pun. MSRP on my STX was 34.5 and change.I took it home for 31.3 and change.

TacoHawkRanger

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Sport; 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
Occupation
Site Developer, USAF
Remote start is a 'non-starter' since they all have it..
I meant specifically the keyfob version, not the Ford Connect cell version. Cell service gets pretty spotty up in the rockies.

foulmouf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab STX Fx4
All else being equal, I don't see the point in paying extra for carpet only to pay even more to put vinyl mats on top of it when you can just get vinyl flooring for less to begin with. Personally, I don't understand all of these luxury features in a truck; it's a truck. Clearly there's a demand for that stuff, though, so Ford provides it.

I'd get the XL if I were you. That's what I did. STX Supercab Fx4.
Sponsored