• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Iowa WTT: black lower front valance for Silver

c72k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XL 4x4 STX
Looking to trade my black valance panel for silver. Attached is a pic of the piece I’m looking for. I do not have sensors on the truck, located in IA, but ok with shipping

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 12.01.38 PM.png
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Pretty sure they all come from factory silver. I have the black package XLT and mines silver.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
One option is to just simply repaint yours. It's a small area and the paint kit from PaintScratch isn't too expensive and can be completed over a weekend. There are a ton of videos on doing it, and a little practice on a sacrificial piece could also be beneficial if you don't have any painting experience.

All you would need to do is pull the valance off, lightly sand it so the new paint will adhere to it. Apply the black layer, then wet sand, allow it to dry, wet sand and apply the clear coat. After that wet sand again and polish. After that is all done re-install to the truck. You don't need any adhesion promoters or anything since the base coat and primer already have it.

Or you can go around to some paint shops and see how much they would charge you to paint it. It is a small panel and if you pull it off and take it to them the cost should only be at most $1-200.

OP
OP

c72k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XL 4x4 STX
One option is to just simply repaint yours. It's a small area and the paint kit from PaintScratch isn't too expensive and can be completed over a weekend. There are a ton of videos on doing it, and a little practice on a sacrificial piece could also be beneficial if you don't have any painting experience.

All you would need to do is pull the valance off, lightly sand it so the new paint will adhere to it. Apply the black layer, then wet sand, allow it to dry, wet sand and apply the clear coat. After that wet sand again and polish. After that is all done re-install to the truck. You don't need any adhesion promoters or anything since the base coat and primer already have it.

Or you can go around to some paint shops and see how much they would charge you to paint it. It is a small panel and if you pull it off and take it to them the cost should only be at most $1-200.
Yep was trying to not have to paint myself and hoping someone would just want to swap them out to save the work. I will most likely wrap it if no one is interested, as I am cheap and dont want to pay for professional paint work or deal with spray painting lol!

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a photo of a black/magnetic one on a white truck? I know I can Google, but com'on we all love to share pics of our trucks! ?

OP too bad you don't have sensors otherwise I would be interested.

TremorOwner

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Tremor has the magnetic colored one. Wasn't aware there was a BLACK one.

WHy not have yours wrapped... not expensive.

DblStuffed

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
If you’re is black I would be interested in trading my silver pending condition of yours. Also no sensors. Off my xlt. 417 miles on it lol

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
A vinyl wrap would be a way to go, but I'd ClearBra over it because vinyl isn't as rugged as paint.

mustang marty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger stx sabertooth , 04 stang ragtop 40th anvrs. , 66 stang fastback 2 plus 2
Occupation
A happy retired guy
Simple, mask off sensors and surrounding body panels and cover behind area with paper or old sheet . Sand valence with 400 grit sandpaper and clean with solvent . Just get spray can primer , follow directions then and spray with silver can . Easy done . Yeah I used to paint cars and the first rule do not be afraid . I should have added keep sandpaper wet with water with a little dish soap added .

Last edited:

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Simple, mask off sensors and surrounding body panels and cover behind area with paper or old sheet . Sand valence with 400 grit sandpaper and clean with solvent . Just get spray can primer , follow directions then and spray with silver can . Easy done . Yeah I used to paint cars and the first rule do not be afraid .
I am with you on all except the end result of masking off the sensors (not saying I disagree with doing that - no idea if its needed!), but the 2 silver "eyes" would look odd IMHO after painting the rest black.
Sponsored