First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
The Bronco Sport is built using the Escape format. The full size Bronco is built the Ranger format, and a different animal all together. Comparing the Sport to the Explorer I'm not sure what the author of the article is after, and if he even knows there's a full size Bronco in the wings.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Cool article. The Mrs. is still intrigued by the sport. I'm on the fence. I kinda want her to have a year old explorer (about the same price). I haven't looked at the bronco sport yet, but the rear seats looked cramped in the pictures. Our kids are still small, so it may not be a big deal, but I don't want them to outgrow it quickly either.

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
I think the sport is a cool car. Hoping my fiancée will get one to replace her compass.

Don’t tell anyone on the bronco forum you like the sport. You may get banned.

Abjectwoe

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL
Cool article. The Mrs. is still intrigued by the sport. I'm on the fence. I kinda want her to have a year old explorer (about the same price). I haven't looked at the bronco sport yet, but the rear seats looked cramped in the pictures. Our kids are still small, so it may not be a big deal, but I don't want them to outgrow it quickly either.
6' tall people can sit in the front and rear seats in the Bronco Sport with some extra space. It has way better rear seat space than competitors. Seats don't fold flat though, which is a killer for me.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
I won’t buy a vehicle with the black plastic stuff all around the bottom like the explorer or bronco sport. After a little while it fades, turns grey and looks cheap as hell. Love that there is none of that on the Lariat Ranger. But fully loaded Bronco Sport would be fun!

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Interesting. I'm the complete opposite and actually very much want a vehicle with that on it. Every vehicle I've owned with just metal along there as started rusting along that area after only a couple of years. Winter eats away hard on rocker panels and having plastic down there instead means I have at least a few more years before the rust starts in some other spot.
This was my last truck. I mean, I prefer the bumpers to be painted vs plastic. But I get where you are coming from. I live in Florida tho lol.
1610639708703.jpeg

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Agreed on the black trim/cladding. My escape had it and I always preferred the painted trim that the kuga had.

I think now though if I purchased a vehicle with that trim I would just apply a trim coating to it every year and hope for the best. Stuffs a pain to restore once it’s faded.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
6' tall people can sit in the front and rear seats in the Bronco Sport with some extra space. It has way better rear seat space than competitors. Seats don't fold flat though, which is a killer for me.
Good to know! Thanks. We haven't looked at one more than just driving by yet, so I was just going off press pictures.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
Interesting. I'm the complete opposite and actually very much want a vehicle with that on it. Every vehicle I've owned with just metal along there as started rusting along that area after only a couple of years. Winter eats away hard on rocker panels and having plastic down there instead means I have at least a few more years before the rust starts in some other spot.
I don't mind it either. On small suv's anyway. Seems like they all have it nowadays, anyway. The key for me has been to keep it clean and conditioned with something like back to black. Kind of a pain, and an extra step while washing, but does look good for a couple days.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Appraiser
I guess I just don't mind a dirty or old looking vehicle, like having that piece fade, as long as it still works. Rust on the other hand, can quickly end up being a structural issue, which is a bigger deal than it looking good, at least to me. Every vehicle I've taken to the end has ended up failing because of structural issue from rusting. The mechanics of them were fine, but when the lower seat belt attach and front A-arms rust away, and there's a hole in the floor under your feet then it's hardly safe to drive anymore. haha
I hear that. I live in northern Pa on the Ny border. Everything is covered in salt 6 months out of the year ha. I hate it. I rinse my vehicles off at least once a week. Rust is the real pandemic here where I live haha.

OP
OP
Trigganometry

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Haha! My 97 Ranger was just traded in with 2 fist sized holes in the frame. Motor and tranny still tight with 287K on it. Ya, the salt on NE roads is a frame killer. Really miss that 8’ bed though ?
Sponsored