Without the specific tool, popping the side "vents" off?

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Been wanting to change mine over to matte black like my rear logo for some time. I don't have any trim removal tools on hand. What average household item or tool could I use? I was thinking a plastic spackling spreader might work, but I believe its not going to be rigid enough.
Sponsored

allcos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Scab 4X4 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Maybe use Dental Floss between the body and the emblem. Although a little warming up with a Heat Gun will help. I think I also used a Credit Card. You can pretty much pull it off with your hand once the adhesive is separated. BTW, Plastic removal tools are cheap and you'll find other uses for them.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Duct tape wrapped around the end of a screwdriver. or household butter knife. Two rounds mind you. Don't want the tip to pop through the tape.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I picked up a cheap set of trim tools from my local napa. They do come in handy for other things too as previously mentioned. But a taped screwdriver (probably the wider the better) would work. I also taped around the vent with masking tap for some extra protection.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I picked up a cheap set of trim tools from my local napa. They do come in handy for other things too as previously mentioned. But a taped screwdriver (probably the wider the better) would work. I also taped around the vent with masking tap for some extra protection.
I didn't even think about that Jack. Harbor Freight has a cheap set also. I bought a set, they come in quite handy to have around.
Sponsored