Will these fit ??

Ironglove

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
On the verge of trading in our F-150 on a new Ranger and have an almost new set of snows, 275 65R 18 Hakkas mounted on steel F-150 wheels. Wheels are 18 x 75 6-135 +44 according to the old invoice. Would like to put these on the Ranger if possible. Ranger we are considering is a new Lariat with 18" wheels.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi John,

A bit of clarity if possible. Do you want to know if the wheels fit or if you have tire clearance for your snow tires on Ranger rims?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Ironglove

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Hi John,

A bit of clarity if possible. Do you want to know if the wheels fit or if you have tire clearance for your snow tires on Ranger rims?

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hoping that the tires, on the F-150 rims will fit on the Ranger. If the F-150 rims are not compatible on the Ranger then I'd look at getting some steel Ranger rims and mount my snows on those. Thanks.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Wheels won't fit, bolt diameter is wrong. Tires should fit, but I don't think anyone's reported actually testing that particular tire. If it were me I'd get the 275/65R18s mounted on the ranger wheels, and down the road get ranger bolt pattern 16" steel wheels when the 18" snow tires wear out. Or just sell the current snow tires with the wheels as a set if it ends up getting enough of a premium vs selling just the wheels. (Reason being that 16" snow tires tend to be a lot cheaper and more available than 18" snow tires.)

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping that the tires, on the F-150 rims will fit on the Ranger. If the F-150 rims are not compatible on the Ranger then I'd look at getting some steel Ranger rims and mount my snows on those. Thanks.
Hi John,

Based on another thread concerning aftermarket wheels, it was indicated that the F150 bolt pattern is different from the Ranger and thus the wheels will not fit.the Ranger.

best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP

Ironglove

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Thanks folks for clearing that up for me - looks like I'll have to do some contemplating.
Sponsored