First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Interesting there is a cut out for that tray (that I have a hard time using) yet their carpeted version has it molded in (along with the contours of the dash top)

EDIT: I ordered the charcoal carpet to compliment the Magnetic finish on my truck. I was going to spring for the suede and Ford logo bling but decided I liked the molded top overall. With the 'shine10' promo code on top of Auto Anything's discount and el cheapo shipping, it's savings of nearly half of a Dee Zee tailgate damper. Which is on my list.

Last edited:

Fordmandan87

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT, Supercrew, FX4, leveled
Interesting there is a cut out for that tray (that I have a hard time using) yet their carpeted version has it molded in (along with the contours of the dash top)

EDIT: I ordered the charcoal carpet to compliment the Magnetic finish on my truck. I was going to spring for the suede and Ford logo bling but decided I liked the molded top overall. With the 'shine10' promo code on top of Auto Anything's discount and el cheapo shipping, it's savings of nearly half of a Dee Zee tailgate damper. Which is on my list.
I got mine early on so there wasn't many options available.
I have the tailgate damper which is nice but there have been sometimes when I was in a hurry and I thought it was too slow. Other than that it's really nice. I have a video on mrtrucktv on YouTube of the install.

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
This is the one (I thought it would look like FireStud5's) I ordered, but mine has a panel that drapes over the painted plastic panel on the passenger side.

EE168A2F-8C5F-4041-AE7C-4DA46AC6F420.jpeg

Not digging it, and returning it after shipping a d restocking will get less than half the purchase price. Bummer.
IMG_20200508_094304245.jpg

Clearly mine is not 'molded' and I can't find one anywhere. If I could be sure another style (like the suede) was designed as it appears in other's posts I'd be all over that.

Last edited:

TheKracka

First Name
Klay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT FX4/2005 xB
Occupation
I fix things not people
I always say enjoy it the way it is, get a dash cover when it's needed later on if you keep it that long.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
Have a dash cover from Dash Designs in Black Velour. (also have a DD Black Velour cover in our Santa Fe)

Went with black as lighter colors create distracting reflections on the windshield.

Clean simple fit. Didn't use the velcro fasteners. Only time it slides is on bumpy steep off-road climbs.

Image 234.png

Image 237.png

Image 235.png

Last edited:

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I am considering an Original DashMat cover in velour with the Smoke color. They have the cutout for the collision warning device and for the center tray. I have used this Dashmat brand on a lot of former vehicles and they were great fitting and good quality. I plan to order through AutoGeek. https://www.autogeek.net Covercraft also sells this brand. Has anyone had any current experience with this particular brand or are using a current DashMat cover, and if so is the quality still as good on these as in the past?

Paul
1611768185602.png

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I always say enjoy it the way it is, get a dash cover when it's needed later on if you keep it that long.
Always thought a dash mat would cause the dash vinyl to deteriorate faster due to heat trapped by the mat. Especially dark colors.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Always thought a dash mat would cause the dash vinyl to deteriorate faster due to heat trapped by the mat. Especially dark colors.
I haven't experienced that so far with the dashmats I've used. I live in a dry desert climate and I've seen quite a few dashboards cracked from the exposed heat of the Sun without a dash cover. Also, running the A/C during the warmer days helps keep the heat inside the cab down. Wood without a protective coating also dries out and cracks when exposed to the Sun here. Good point though.

Paul

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
This is the one (I thought it would look like FireStud5's) I ordered, but mine has a panel that drapes over the painted plastic panel on the passenger side.

EE168A2F-8C5F-4041-AE7C-4DA46AC6F420.jpeg

Not digging it, and returning it after shipping a d restocking will get less than half the purchase price. Bummer.
IMG_20200508_094304245.jpg

Clearly mine is not 'molded' and I can't find one anywhere. If I could be sure another style (like the suede) was designed as it appears in other's posts I'd be all over that.
I originally ordered a dashmat and was unhappy with the fit. Auto Anything wanted those ridiculous fees for a return so I complained via a chat session and they gave me full credit. Itโ€™s worth a try.

I ended up getting the molded one from CAR ID because AA could not get it for the Ranger. Mine does not have that flap on the front. The description is Coverkingยฎ - Molded Carpet Charcoal Custom Dash Cover.

By the way, I have been using Dash Covers for a long time here in Phoenix and they have protected very well. The dash in my 18 year old Mustang is like new.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have a dash cover from Dash Designs in Black Velour. (also have a DD Black Velour cover in our Santa Fe)

Went with black as lighter colors create distracting reflections on the windshield.

Clean simple fit. Didn't use the velcro fasteners. Only time is slides is on bumpy steep off-road climbs.

Image 234.png

Image 237.png

Image 235.png
Thanks for the photos. I ordered this same exact cover in black velour on Friday to match my ebony interior. But I plan to use the velcro fasteners.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering an Original DashMat cover in velour with the Smoke color. They have the cutout for the collision warning device and for the center tray. I have used this Dashmat brand on a lot of former vehicles and they were great fitting and good quality. I plan to order through AutoGeek. https://www.autogeek.net Covercraft also sells this brand. Has anyone had any current experience with this particular brand or are using a current DashMat cover, and if so is the quality still as good on these as in the past?

Paul
1611768185602.png
Hi RR,

Thanks for posting this....Just got A Round Tuit..... Finally. Both for the Nautilus and the Ranger!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
Racket

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Transient
I originally ordered a dashmat and was unhappy with the fit. Auto Anything wanted those ridiculous fees for a return so I complained via a chat session and they gave me full credit. Itโ€™s worth a try.

I ended up getting the molded one from CAR ID because AA could not get it for the Ranger. Mine does not have that flap on the front. The description is Coverkingยฎ - Molded Carpet Charcoal Custom Dash Cover.

By the way, I have been using Dash Covers for a long time here in Phoenix and they have protected very well. The dash in my 18 year old Mustang is like new.
I've held off, complained on AutoAnything but they never responded. Yours is nice but I don't want to go another $55+ in on this right now.