which level kit

Treelog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
I have had my new ranger lariat now for about 1 month. love it so far, want to level front end, i see a 2-1/2 inch kit that says it levels front , then i see a 3 inch kit that says it levels front end, besides a 1/2 inch whats the difference?
Sponsored

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
If you’re going to tow a lot the 2.5 would be better.
Plenty of threads if you want more info, “search” is your friend.

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
I have had my new ranger lariat now for about 1 month. love it so far, want to level front end, i see a 2-1/2 inch kit that says it levels front , then i see a 3 inch kit that says it levels front end, besides a 1/2 inch whats the difference?
I do believe the chief difference is one-half inch as you stated, reaching out to this company revealed that I should opt for the 3" lift kit instead of the 2 1/2" , since towing anything with the 2020 SuperCab with the FX2 option I have on order will never occur. It appears that the added tongue weight of whatever you may tow will cause the back of the truck to balance out with the front causing an "even keel" if you will.
Correction on the towing remark, while not really considered towing, the departure of my dear Mother in law from from the family abode would involve "pulling", for that the locking rear differential would be ideal. (Something my better half has been "reminded" of lately but received with a bitterly cold response), Indeed she (Endora) has special parking privileges on the garage wall to park her preferred mode of transportation, a broom.
Then, of course I'd need a Transit van as my residence.

SVC Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
SVC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Lariat 4X4
It does, not a hard thing to do with proper tools. I may go this route

Let me know when you are ready we will be launching this item first in our vendor section this week with a 5G forum check out code
As mentioned with proper tools this route is typically preferred as its adding preload to the coils(similar to the way a threaded body coil over does) vs pushing the entire assembly down changing front end geometry.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Let me know when you are ready we will be launching this item first in our vendor section this week with a 5G forum check out code
As mentioned with proper tools this route is typically preferred as its adding preload to the coils(similar to the way a threaded body coil over does) vs pushing the entire assembly down changing front end geometry.
I’ll order right now if you guys can hook up a deal. I like the product

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Are you saying your application does not change the front end geometry? No alignment required?
Please explain.

SVC Offroad

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
SVC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Lariat 4X4
Are you saying your application does not change the front end geometry? No alignment required?
Please explain.

A perfect explanation from Shock warehouse for better understanding Shock pre load vs leveling kits in terms of geometry change. with regards to the alignment aspect it would be recommended as you would have a camber change due to increased ride height which could be easily adjusted off the factory lowers

uptravel.jpg
The usual spacer kits do increase ride height, but typically they DECREASE suspension up-travel, sometimes by as much as 2 inches. Strut extension kits can also increase down-travel, which can lead to damaged ball joints, CV joints, driveline or swaybar components. Spring preload spacer kits increase ride height by raising the static spring rate, but this can lead to loss of rebound damping control, and droop.

downtravel.jpg

Last edited:

Colin Stuffmann

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Contact Fordrangerlifts they have what you need! Very easy kit. Love mine!!
Sponsored