OP

J_D

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I've had mine posted since last year in several posts in the site. Here ya go!

IMG_20200117_140327.jpg
I like that design alot. Is the wind noise of the leading bar awful on the freeway?
Sponsored

ldr01rl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I like that design alot. Is the wind noise of the leading bar awful on the freeway?
I'm glad you asked. I recently cut the front length 10"nto reduce wind noise. I have a length sheet metal folded that will be mounted up front to be more aerodynamic as well.

Reactions: J_D
OP
OP

J_D

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I'm glad you asked. I recently cut the front length 10"nto reduce wind noise. I have a length sheet metal folded that will be mounted up front to be more aerodynamic as well.
Even mine gets wind noise above 60mph. I will be mounting a triangular wedge to the front soon.

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
I will soon need to haul some drywall and 4'x8' sheets of plywood and I built these simple racks. These are not nearly as heavy duty as John's lumber rack but I think they will hold several hundred pounds worth of plywood or drywall sheets. They are light weight and easy to store when not in use. I stapled some outdoor carpet scraps to the tops to protect the plywood and drywall surfaces.

IMG_0082[1].JPG
IMG_0084[1].JPG
IMG_0085[1].JPG
IMG_0086[1].JPG
drywall

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
I wanted a rack for the occasional haul but didn't want something hard to remove so I copied my old trucks Weather Guard WEEKENDER rack and made it out of aluminum.

IMG_1567.jpg
IMG_1568.jpg
IMG_1569.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg
IMG_1571.jpg
this is a 100 percent win!! you made that yourself? your welds? dam that looks good if you did!!if you didnt can i get info on how to purchase!!

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
I will soon need to haul some drywall and 4'x8' sheets of plywood and I built these simple racks. These are not nearly as heavy duty as John's lumber rack but I think they will hold several hundred pounds worth of plywood or drywall sheets. They are light weight and easy to store when not in use. I stapled some outdoor carpet scraps to the tops to protect the plywood and drywall surfaces.

IMG_0082[1].JPG
IMG_0084[1].JPG
IMG_0085[1].JPG
IMG_0086[1].JPG
drywall
This alone is enough to eradicate that last lingering bit of, "do I still miss my old Ranger". I'm now convinced there's nothing my NEW Ranger can't do! Thanks for posting such detailed photos.

taangrisnir

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 4x4 Hot Pepper Red
I get the sense that many, if not most, of the participants on this forum own their trucks for sport, utility, etc rather than for work trucks.

Side note to that, I saw the first vinyl logoed ranger work truck (construction co I think?) I’ve seen the other day.
There is a property management company that only uses new rangers. Kinda neat to see them on the road. They look like they have custom paint too.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Thanks to J_D for the tip about Rack-It; I see they have dealers around Puget Sound.

Questions for HenryMac: Is the extension physically connected or just aligned with the main assembly with mending plates? What is the vocabulary word for the u-shaped reinforcement plates?
Henry.jpg

Edit: the photo looks like plywood u plates, I was thinking they were steel.
Yes, the extension is aligned / attached to the main ass'y with steel Simpson mending plates.

The U-shaped reinforcements are just that, reinforcing plates, made from plywood.

JimboAnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 - Sold
Werner rack from Lowes. kayak / ladder / lumber / whatever. I cut 6" out of the uprights to get it closer to top of cab height. Swapped antenna for stubby jr.

Saving money up to get a decked system, so I can ditch the big ass honkin toolbox. nice box, needing my bed space back though.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Werner-Aluminum-Plastic-Truck-Rack/1000659773

Rack 01.jpg

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired

Venom_z89

First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger fx4
Occupation
Forklift technician
Here is mine, added my awning to the side. I use it to haul lumber and paddle boards. Works great but I do get some wind noise on the highway.
truck 2.jpg
That's sexy af

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I think this is one area where ford dropped the ball on the new ranger. They should have at least included stake pockets in the corners of the bed. That would have made things so much easier for people who need some kind of rack!
I used a Trac-Rac when I had my F150 and they mounted inside the stake pockets. You mount a rail on the top of the bed rail and there's rubber grommets and hardware which go into the stake pockets and you use a drill to suck them up so the expand holding them in place. It was nice because when you're not using the racks they just slide right off the rail. Another bonus is you don't ruin anything attaching these so when you get another truck you just release the rubber grommet, take the rails off and switch them to the next truck.

They were rated for 1,200 lbs so you could load them up with ladders, lumber or a kayak. I'm glad I don't need tall ladders anymore and now a Little Giant works for my needs.

Trac Rac.jpg
Sponsored