Where’s your dog?

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Someone dropped this dog off about 3 weeks ago. She has adopted us. :) Such a sweet loving dog that I named her Lucy.

Our GSD, Chief, has accepted her, thankfully.
716F01B5-A92A-4EC5-9C62-2367138230D7.jpeg
4E4D75AC-C7B0-471D-8F9A-9780DB6E9D32.jpeg
The best dogs are the ones that just show up ... how does one just drop off a dog like that somewhere strange and then be able to sleep like nothing happened ?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
The best dogs are the ones that just show up ... how does one just drop off a dog like that somewhere strange and then be able to sleep like nothing happened ?
Same people we read about in the news having done some weird/bad/stupid thing.
They're everywhere.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I know. She’s so beautiful and sweet. She has a problem with dribbling urine. I feel like that might could be why. She’s not doing it, it just comes out at times. We’ll have a vet check her out.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
She has a problem with dribbling urine.
That's pretty common for doggos when in a new place , she has to change her PeeMail address and let everybody know about the new crib ... looks like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds came from the factory with the pit package , she will fight for ya ... pretty good team with the GS...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I know. She’s so beautiful and sweet. She has a problem with dribbling urine. I feel like that might could be why. She’s not doing it, it just comes out at times. We’ll have a vet check her out.
That's somewhat common in older bitches that have been fixed. We had an older St who had that issue.

Shame if somebody ditched her over that.

Phil_R

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator / 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Occupation
Retired for now!
how much would you spend on your dog to save its life?

this little guy on Friday managed to find a dropped rib bone on the floor before we noticed it.
without any teeth, one would think he would just parade around and savor the flavor and be proud of his find.
Nope, the little shit swallowed it whole.
We knew the bone dropped, but never found it. and suspected he was the culprit.
He threw up an hour later, so it was pretty evident we had to go to the emergency vet on a Friday night and have it dealt with. he definitely wasn't going to poop this one out.
First, we waited 3 hours to even be seen. Apparently it was critical animal injury night and since this boy wasn't in distress, we kept getting pushed back.

finally when he got a turn for the x-rays to confirm he ate it, that was $675.

now for the shocker.

to take him in for surgery....they wanted $7000 up front, and if life saving procedures were required during surgery that would be extra...or we could waive that and just let him cross the rainbow bridge.
We went ahead with the surgery and they performed it at 3am Saturday morning. He pulled through fine, but still has to heal. 4 hours after his surgery he was cuddling with the staff while they did their morning meeting.
In the end they gave me back some money because they only had him for a day. He was home by 9pm Saturday. But it still cost me $3675. Good thing my OF account is rocking subscribers. I might have had to do a live show to make up for it.
he's a good boy and worth the expense. It wasn't his fault he found the bone first and scarfed it down.
100% human error here. lesson learned the hard way.

1652648022870.jpeg
Understand the situation where you have to dig into the savings to help the dogs live. As I have mentioned before, I traded the Gladiator Rubicon for the Ranger Tremor and was able to get quite a bit of "trade equity" back. This was in part for the upcoming surgery for Sasha. Looks like I am going to have to spend even more $$$ for surgeries for Sasha, our Lab / Border Collie mix. She has a bad left knee (torn CCL) that needs operated on soon. We have had to delay this because she was very sick 3 weeks ago. We think a neighbor tried to poison her, however we have no proof. She has now recovered from that, thank God. The other morning a very untrained and wild GSD that belongs to this suspect neighbor that lives behind us, ran very aggressively towards Sasha and spooked her. Sasha jumped and twisted her good leg trying to run away from the edge of our fence. In the process, she tore he good leg's CCL completely. Now she can hardly walk, and I am having to carry her up and down our 3 stairs from our backyard patio to the back yard. And this sure is not helping my back issues, as she weighs 73 pounds. Plus, after $300 worth of x-rays at the vet, she is now going to have to go in for both knees to be operated on. This is to the tune of up to $7,000. I am not sure how other pet owners can afford this as it is tough for us as well. However, we love her, and she is a great loving and gentle dog, so I will spend the money. Sheesh.....
20190215_180147.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hey Post Patrol, I’ve used this photo before ?

Delilah at 9 weeks the day we got her on 10 Jun 22

Management, aka wife says we should call the 22 Ranger SAMPSON

8661E02D-8ABE-41B4-B9DB-736AC4E5DABB.jpeg
Not sure I'd go with management's suggestion, as Samson ultimately came to a bad end.
Don't want the Ranger to emulate THAT little fiasco. ;)
Beautiful dog, and great pic of the three of you. Y'all look happy!

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Not sure I'd go with management's suggestion, as Samson ultimately came to a bad end.
Don't want the Ranger to emulate THAT little fiasco. ;)
Beautiful dog, and great pic of the three of you. Y'all look happy!
Thanks Chris, she’s #4 of breed. Got my first in 1993 and will likely be my last as I’ll be in my 70’s if she crosses over with the same age as the others.

Rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SR5 access cab, 98 Civic ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Occupation
professional anime watcher!
Vehicle Showcase
My pup got fixed over the weekend and idk how but she has had loads! Of energy! She has been very difficult to keep still and stay calm haha

019309EC-F2FF-4C1F-A0E1-DD31D4EADD4E.jpeg

48EA8B16-2EE9-42E3-9E1C-1CAAB5961E8C.jpeg