When replacing a Lariat windshield is there anything to recalibrate?

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
The windshield on my Ranger is getting replaced soon due to a bad rock chip. Luckily it is being paid for by the concrete company who's truck threw rocks at it. My question, on the Lariat there is the front camera and whatever other sensors on the windshield, so does any of that need to be recalibrated at the dealer?
Sponsored

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Yes. The camera is supposed to be recalibrated when the windshield is replaced. I know it is required by Ford...not sure if it is totally needed though if you know what I mean? If someone else is paying for it I would have it done. I believe Ford quoted me a price of $150 to recalibrate mine. I have not replaced my windshield yet.

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
I did have the windshield replaced on my Lariat due to a rock chip. Florida insurance covers windshield replacement 100%. The company that replaced it used a replacement provided by FOMOCO because, as of yet, there were no aftermarket replacements. After the replacement, the company sent out a Tech to recalibrate the lane keep system.

The tech told me that on other Ford vehicles, if a FOMOCO replacement windshield is not selected, Ford will NOT recalibrate. I cannot speak as to how other glass companies recalibrate, but K & K Glass here in the Tampa Bay area of Florida does do this regularly.

Last edited:

PAUL J CAIN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x2
My friend owns a Safelite store and says his guys are trained to calibrate the lane assist cars and trucks and for him it's included in the price to replace the glass. Not sure I totally trust him though, he's a Taco guy :devil::facepalm:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My friend owns a Safelite store and says his guys are trained to calibrate the lane assist cars and trucks and for him it's included in the price to replace the glass. Not sure I totally trust him though, he's a Taco guy :devil::facepalm:
Hi Paul,

The best tacos are purchased off one of the carts along the side of the road in Tucson. They are not purchased at a car dealership...Ever! Even better is the Sonoran Hot Dog...Simply wonderful!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

deeve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Well, if the taco truck is in the parking lot of a dealer it might be ok

k1w1t1m

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I had my windscreen replaced by Safelite after a big rock chip. The insurance company allowed me an OEM windscreen since it is a new (nearly new) truck. Safelite calibrated everything as part of the install.

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
I had my windscreen replaced by Safelite after a big rock chip. The insurance company allowed me an OEM windscreen since it is a new (nearly new) truck. Safelite calibrated everything as part of the install.
I was lucky enough to have the same thing happen to my windshield on a recent trip to Florida
I never heard such a loud crack.
Fortunately it's down low enough I'll have safelite just Repair it.
Sponsored