Wheel offset

JackK

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier - Ranger on order
I ordered a 2X4 and want to upgrade the tires and wheels. I found a wheel but it is 8.5" wide instead of 8".

My question is on offset. The Ranger standard is 55mm but this wheel has a 39mm offset. Will this work?

Also note I could not find much in 16" so had to switch to 17".
Sponsored

Desert_5G

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
yes it will work as long as the lug pattern is the same. 16mm is barely noticeable.

Scotty J

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 2012 BMW R1200GSA - 1972 Honda CB750 Four
Occupation
CADD Designer, Survey Technician
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercrew
Do you know where to find the official offset of the Rangers wheels? Not that I don't believe you(what i have found agrees), but im having trouble confirming it anywhere!

I ordered a 2X4 and want to upgrade the tires and wheels. I found a wheel but it is 8.5" wide instead of 8".

My question is on offset. The Ranger standard is 55mm but this wheel has a 39mm offset. Will this work?

Also note I could not find much in 16" so had to switch to 17".

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know where to find the official offset of the Rangers wheels? Not that I don't believe you(what i have found agrees), but im having trouble confirming it anywhere!
55mm offset.

RoadBoss

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TJAoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
95 Isuzu trooper, AE86 corolla, 19 ranger XL
Occupation
video/film, small business owner
it's stamped on the wheels.

RangerB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat in Saber
Occupation
I do things for people who need me to do them.
Vehicle Showcase
You should be fine. You’re increasing width of your wheel by only 0.5”, which translates to 0.25” added each way from center. But with a +39 wheel, you’re moving the center of that wheel out by 0.63”(16mm), actually giving yourself an extra 0.4” clearance from the steering knuckle and allowing you to add slightly wider (by ~0.8”) tires if you wanted.

Edit: To clarify, when I say “center”, I’m referring to the horizontal center of the outer rim width, not the wheel hub. Reread my post and realized how confusing that may be.
Sponsored

Last edited: