What's this???

redraidereat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
So I was washing my ranger the other day and as I was rinsing off the front, I saw this bit of foam dangling down behind the grill. Looks like it's supposed to be tucked up under the radiator but I'm not sure exactly how/where. Plus any adhesive that may have been present is obviously non-existent.

Is this something I should bother messing with to keep in place or just yank it out of there?

20200216_134130.jpg

20200216_134208.jpg
Sponsored

Jake596

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT/2013 F-150/1976 F250
Vehicle Showcase
4;45pm production line foam :crazy:, kidding i dunno, but that front module must be the adaptable cruise control module ?

OP
OP
redraidereat

redraidereat

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
4;45pm production line foam :crazy:, kidding i dunno, but that front module must be the adaptable cruise control module ?
Correct, that's the adaptive cruise control sensor in the foreground of the first pic.

I did notice that there's additional foam liners on the side of the radiator as well. Just trying to figure out if there's some reason the bottom one just absolutely has to be there. It obviously wasn't terribly secured heh.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
That lower foam is there to keep air from going around the intercooler for better efficiency bust over time they come off and become non existent. Looks like yours came off quickly. If you arent too worried about it I would just toss it. If you are worried about it then get some Gorilla Glue and put it back on.

Mobius97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat Fx4-Lotus Evora-Lotus Elise-BMW X7 M
That lower foam is there to keep air from going around the intercooler for better efficiency bust over time they come off and become non existent. Looks like yours came off quickly. If you arent too worried about it I would just toss it. If you are worried about it then get some Gorilla Glue and put it back on.

Agreed. When you remove the cover on top (plastic one that hides the hood latch etc) you will see the same thing. The foam strips are just held in by friction and not glued down and easily come loose.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Mine came loose about 3 months ago. I just helped it the rest of the way out. It doesn't seem to make any difference.
Sponsored