What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

CaliBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 Cyber Orange
Occupation
Software Engineer
2020 XLT shadow black super cab FX4, 301A equipment group, Sport Appearance package, technology package, trailer tow package. $38,745 list. $500 XLT Mid Discount on the sticker for a MSRP of $38,245. Dealer issued rebates of $2000. My cost: $36,245. Maybe not the best deal, but it has want I want and it's available now. I looked at a similar 2021 for $39,940 MSRP. There were a few 2020 white XL work trucks on the lot that will probably go for screaming deals.
Sponsored

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
2020 XLT shadow black super cab FX4, 301A equipment group, Sport Appearance package, technology package, trailer tow package. $38,745 list. $500 XLT Mid Discount on the sticker for a MSRP of $38,245. Dealer issued rebates of $2000. My cost: $36,245. Maybe not the best deal, but it has want I want and it's available now. I looked at a similar 2021 for $39,940 MSRP. There were a few 2020 white XL work trucks on the lot that will probably go for screaming deals.
Nicely equipped! I too have the SCAB as I don't need 4 doors. Can see by your JK you don't either. Still working on my first tank of gas after almost a month, but it is a nice driving truck. Cant wait to get it dirty.

opie

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Occupation
IT
HI, a new user looking to buy my first Ranger. Looking at this deal and was wondering how it stacks up.

2020 Lariat
501a package group
FX2 package
Running Boards
Sport package
Tow Package
Spray-in Bedliner
MSRP - 40495

for
$34391
or
$~38894 OTD (I am in Louisiana where tax is 10.44%)

I know that Dealers are trying to get rid of 20s for the incoming 21s. So did not know if this deal was any good. It is also 6hrs away. ITs not 10k off like I have read some users got.

--Opie

Last edited:

CaliBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XLT FX4 Cyber Orange
Occupation
Software Engineer
HI, a new user looking to buy my first Ranger. Looking at this deal and was wondering how it stacks up.

2020 Lariat
501a package group
FX2 package
Running Boards
Sport package
Tow Package
Spray-in Bedliner
MSRP - 40495

for
$34391
or
$~38894 OTD (I am in Louisiana where tax is 10.44%)

I know that Dealers are trying to get rid of 20s for the incoming 21s. So did not know if this deal was any good. It is also 6hrs away. ITs not 10k off like I have read some users got.

--Opie
That's a nicely equipped truck. But don't make too many compromises in what you want. If it's the truck you want, then I'd say $6k under MSRP is a good deal these days.

opie

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Occupation
IT
I am making no compromises in what I want. I am having to fly to Houston to pick it up. It's a 6hr drive so a one-way ticket seemed to be the easiest way to get it. I looked in Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, and Arkansas. Finding the right truck that I wanted in my price range was not easy. It has everything I was looking for and more. I found out that they wanted to add 2k worth of dealer options, but I got all that removed and got them to throw in the bed liner. First new vehicle in 20 years.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
I am making no compromises in what I want. I am having to fly to Houston to pick it up. It's a 6hr drive so a one-way ticket seemed to be the easiest way to get it. I looked in Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, and Arkansas. Finding the right truck that I wanted in my price range was not easy. It has everything I was looking for and more. I found out that they wanted to add 2k worth of dealer options, but I got all that removed and got them to throw in the bed liner. First new vehicle in 20 years.
I feel the same way. I took a little over a year to find the Truck I wanted. Searched personally in Texas, online in Colorado, Arizona, and my state (popular Truck areas). Finally found the Truck I wanted here in my city which had been pre-ordered by the dealer. Bought it while it was still being assembled at the factory so I didn't have to deal with dealer add on's. Picked it up soon after being unloaded from the transport. 9.5% off the MSRP with a paint sealant coating thrown in by the dealer. Was the color I wanted and had every option I was looking for except for two features. One of them can be very easily added and the other I can live without because it is not absolutely essential. Very happy with this Truck. Hope you enjoy yours!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
Anyone else notice this on 2021 window stickers ?

Image 1474.png
Interesting... wasn't on my 2020 sticker, must be new for 2021? Curious to know what this is about and if it applies to all dealers.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Interesting... wasn't on my 2020 sticker, must be new for 2021? Curious to know what this is about and if it applies to all dealers.
Well when it comes to collecting taxes and fees states are putting the squeeze on. Or they’re going to choke you for it ? Chase you right across the border

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Well when it comes to collecting taxes and fees states are putting the squeeze on. Or they’re going to choke you for it ? Chase you right across the border
But that wouldn't make any difference, right? Because you have to register (and pay taxes) based on where you LIVE not where you BUY. Correct?

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
But that wouldn't make any difference, right? Because you have to register (and pay taxes) based on where you LIVE not where you BUY. Correct?
And the fact that "discounts" aren't taxable, but "rebates" are. Different regional discounts, dealer cash, and incentives passed on to the customer may be the reason for the disclosure. It it is a "rebate", states and counties want their tax money.

FrostySaguaro

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 super crew Lariat FX4
Occupation
Sales
Anyone else notice this on 2021 window stickers ?

Image 1474.png
When I was shopping Ford had different rebates depending on where you were located. The sales people implied that they had the U.S. split up into zones or regions and you were only eligible for rebates offered in your zip code. For reference I live in Iowa City, IA and my rebates were the same as Chicago, I was told by multiple dealers that MN dealers had different rebates as did the dealers in Des Moines.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Man, you southern folk are killing me with your prices.
Sticker on my Lariat, FX4, Tow, Sport was $54k Canadian.
I did get $8k off buying a 2019 in 2020, so basically full US msrp
Sponsored