What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Torrsall

First Name
T
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat 4WD
I thought I’d start a thread on what kind of discount people are able to get and where they’re getting them at.

For instance if you’re able to get 5% off MSRP at dealer x then please tell us about it.

I know some people may be eligible for X plan pricing or similar so let us know about that as well!

Also, did you order the truck or pick one off the lot?

ranger price list.jpg

2019 Ford Ranger Price List courtesy of @TubaMatt.
Socal here, San Diego area. Bought a 21 Lariat off the lot during the one week EOM consumer cash savings of $2500. Brought the cost of a 4wd hi option to $40,120.00. I was pushed extremely hard for the overpriced and, essentially, not worth it alarm and protection pkgs. I did walk one time since they said the options were not optional (?). You all know the arguments for additional dealer profits; low inventory, supply chain issues, lots of salsa but no chips! I heard all those and calmly explained to the manager that if I come in for a product at one price but am compelled to pay more for that same product, then I've been missled. When he told me that in these times, he needed more profit from me, I explained that as a fiduciary of Ford, a good business model was not to turn a deep profit, but was in reality to get long term customers behind the wheel of a new Ford. Now, how can you argue that and not insult your customer? You can't!
I further explained that, "Look, if I see a nice tv at Yellow box for $1000 but I go down to get it and they tell me we're out of processing chips so, sorry, we've got to charge you $1200.00, I'm going to be confused, insulted and leave, probably never to return. The manager got it! He called the next day with what I asked for which was the truck at MSRP less the $2500.00. Nothing else! I did offer $500 for the $1300.00 paint protection because they were pretty awesome and worked really hard to get my sale. They agreed. I'll take a bit of a blue book year hit since it's a 21, but after all is done, it's a beautiful truck at a fair price.
Advertisement

JimInVA

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat-8 1/2 months waiting
Occupation
Retired Military
I thought I’d start a thread on what kind of discount people are able to get and where they’re getting them at.

For instance if you’re able to get 5% off MSRP at dealer x then please tell us about it.

I know some people may be eligible for X plan pricing or similar so let us know about that as well!

Also, did you order the truck or pick one off the lot?

ranger price list.jpg

2019 Ford Ranger Price List courtesy of @TubaMatt.
Thanks for that data. So for the Lariat I ordered the dealer invoice was $34,985 and I have deal for 35,500 walk out door that includes taxes, registrations and the truck. Feel good about it if I can ever get the truck actually delivered. The promised deliv date of 30 Nov just went by and nothing has changed. Will just have to see and will be calling them next week in hopes.

Reactions: Doc

leadtheway

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No
Sure you did. But what you said was outrageous.

Funny how I knew almost exactly what your real number was. That's 'cause it's hard to bullshit on a car forum. Collectively, this place knows more than you or I ever will about our trucks.

For future reference OTD means just that. Total price paid after taxes, before down payment and trade. Or in other words, total amount paid. Including Texas sales tax (6.25% on new vehicles) your OTD price would've been would be roughly $34k.

Following your logic I bought my Lariat FX-4 for $29k "OTD" a year ago. Which is absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable.

Sure, you got a good deal, and I hope you enjoy your truck. There's no need to boost your ego by falsifying that info here.
Right? I don't know why it's so difficult for people to say what the ACTUAL price was. All this equivocating and obfuscating "I paid x" (don't add in trade in) "I paid Y" (don't add in down payment), "I paid Z" (don't subtract upside down loan rolled into this deal). The price is the price. That's the number that matters. A 30k truck minus a 5k trade, minus a 3k down payment for a financed rate of 22k is.......a 30k truck. You paid 30k. It doesn't matter that 3k of that 30k was upfront. It doesn't matter that 5k of that 30k was in the form of a trade it. It wouldn't matter if you paid half in gold bricks or bitcoin. It's 30k. Not a difficult concept to grasp but seems like many have trouble grasping it.

We all (probably) know people who speak like this and frankly, it's just exhausting trying to fish the truth out of them. Like they have to one up the deal you got so they can "win" or something like that. And then you get into specifics, "wow that's a great deal, was that OTD?" Turns into "well yeah plus 3k tax". Oh ok, not that bad. Hey where did your other beater go? "Oh I traded that in when I got this." Oh so that number you said was that plus tax plus trade in? "Yeah". Oh, ok, so you paid sticker price for it basically. "Yeah". Ok. :rolleyes: Don't be that guy.

D Fresh

First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Right? I don't know why it's so difficult for people to say what the ACTUAL price was. All this equivocating and obfuscating "I paid x" (don't add in trade in) "I paid Y" (don't add in down payment), "I paid Z" (don't subtract upside down loan rolled into this deal). The price is the price. That's the number that matters. A 30k truck minus a 5k trade, minus a 3k down payment for a financed rate of 22k is.......a 30k truck. You paid 30k. It doesn't matter that 3k of that 30k was upfront. It doesn't matter that 5k of that 30k was in the form of a trade it. It wouldn't matter if you paid half in gold bricks or bitcoin. It's 30k. Not a difficult concept to grasp but seems like many have trouble grasping it.

We all (probably) know people who speak like this and frankly, it's just exhausting trying to fish the truth out of them. Like they have to one up the deal you got so they can "win" or something like that. And then you get into specifics, "wow that's a great deal, was that OTD?" Turns into "well yeah plus 3k tax". Oh ok, not that bad. Hey where did your other beater go? "Oh I traded that in when I got this." Oh so that number you said was that plus tax plus trade in? "Yeah". Oh, ok, so you paid sticker price for it basically. "Yeah". Ok. :rolleyes: Don't be that guy.
I think you nailed it. It's got to be ego driven.

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 and Sports appearance package in the NYC area.

49k walk out price. 0% APR, 17k for my trade in, 10k down payment.

Dealer originally wanted 3k over sticker and offered 13k for my trade in... That obviously didn't work out.

One thing I will point out is that it is not a good time to buy a car, but it is a GREAT time to trade in a car if you have a "valuable" used car. My car was worth about 13k before COVID, it sells privately for 18-21k now.

jthompson48

First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Military
My Dad liked my Ranger and decided to get one. I found one on the lot about 3 hours away that did x plan pricing plus the 500 off incentive. No one local would do x plan on stock with some over msrp. Thoroughbred Ford in KC MO. No BS.

Wytchdctr

First Name
Patrick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Military
XLT supercrew with remote start being the only extra option other than XLT stuff; 28k before trade in/down payment/etc.

We played the numbers game for a few hours (deal closed an hour and a half after the dealer closed officially). Don't remember what plans were used but I couldn't stack it with my military discount.

Yaegerbomb89

First Name
Ty
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Occupation
Software
My tremor finally came in this week. I negotiated x-plan prior to ordering, and the dealer honored that even though they are now charging $5k over MSRP on everything. I was also able to cash in on 2 incentives for a total of 2k off x-plan. Couldn’t be happier about it with the current market.

The cherry on top was selling my Subaru to Carvana. I got way more for it than I paid years ago. Can’t believe that.

JimInVA

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ranger Lariat-8 1/2 months waiting
Occupation
Retired Military
My tremor finally came in this week. I negotiated x-plan prior to ordering, and the dealer honored that even though they are now charging $5k over MSRP on everything. I was also able to cash in on 2 incentives for a total of 2k off x-plan. Couldn’t be happier about it with the current market.

The cherry on top was selling my Subaru to Carvana. I got way more for it than I paid years ago. Can’t believe that.
When did you order it??
Thanks

SpazC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Lumber Sales
2021 XLT Sport
301A
Running Boards
Tow

MSRP $38,240
Paid $37,240

Work changes forced me into buying at the exact wrong time and was pretty much at the mercy of what inventory was available in the Southeast.

Silver lining was finding a dealer with Ford 0% 60mo financing and getting way more than I should have ( in normal times) on my trade.

ambit

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCAB 4x4
SCAB XL 4x4 w/ tow 101A
$35,000 out the door with tax.
$1500 incentives taken off sticker
$11,000 down

ScottyT

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wow! $50k for a Ranger... I never thought I'd see the day that happened! I was complaining about mine costing $36k, LOL! I didn't need/want another 4x4, but that seems like that's what everyone is buying nowadays... :(
All it takes is 1 or 2 packages and a few accessories to hit low to mid $40k, depending if you go XLT or Lariat Super Crew 4x4. Add in destination charger, taxes, fees, tags, etc. It's not crazy hitting $50k.

Plus, 4x4 is needed for some depending on where you live (weather) and what you want to do with your truck.

Or you pick up a base level truck (much cheaper) and spend in aftermarket parts and you still end up with a $50k ranger. Trust me, I know. It happened with my Jeep JKU. Bought a Sport S model, much cheaper than a Rubicon and still dumped tons of money into it. So in reality, I bought a more customized Rubicon lol

So I'm not all that surprised some Rangers hit $50k when you add on options from the factory.

Advertisement

Advertisement