What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

Acatron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Bought my first Ranger (and first truck!) just yesterday! It's a Lightning Blue Lariat FX4, with tow package, sport appearance, 18" wheels, and running boards. Sticker was $45,770. I paid $40,999, with $0 down, 0% finanance, no payments for 120 days.

I'll attach the window sticker and a few pictures of the truck. I love this thing!

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 12.09.17 PM.png

First Picture.jpg
Congrats!
Sponsored

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
I bought my Ranger Lariat out of state because it was hard to find a deal (and decent dealership) local to me. But I just pulled up CARS.com and did 250 mile sweep of the Puget Sound for Lariats with Tow hitch and heated seats and I'm seeing discounts off MSRP anywhere from 6k-9k.. some even deeper for unfavorable colors.

I then thought - "Damn I should have waited" but then again - with all this CV going around if I had waited then I would definitely not be in the new car market, so there's that.

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
If you don’t get at least 5k off the 2019 you are taking a big hit under water from the value of your vehicle.

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
If you don’t get at least 5k off the 2019 you are taking a big hit under water from the value of your vehicle.
Wow, now seeing some on cars.com advertised upwards of 11k off msrp!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, now seeing some on cars.com advertised upwards of 11k off msrp!
A 2019 is over 1 model year old now, so you need to factor in depreciation, even if it is brand new. If it is a 2019, I would expect discounts like that, especially given the current climate. I imagine new car sales are tanking just like everything else.

caprtaineddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Corvette, 2020 Ranger Lariat
A 2019 is over 1 model year old now, so you need to factor in depreciation, even if it is brand new. If it is a 2019, I would expect discounts like that, especially given the current climate. I imagine new car sales are tanking just like everything else.
Yes, you're buying a vehicle that's now one model year old and therefore worth less than a 2020. I also thought that car sales would be down, but the salesman I bought mine from said business is booming since the deals right now are great.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, you're buying a vehicle that's now one model year old and therefore worth less than a 2020. I also thought that car sales would be down, but the salesman I bought mine from said business is booming since the deals right now are great.
That is really surprising (that car sales are booming). But I guess everyone loves a good deal!

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I've seen 2019's that have been sitting on the lot for more than a year.

In addition to depreciation, can a vehicle sit that long without seals going bad or other problems ?

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I've seen 2019's that have been sitting on the lot for more than a year.

In addition to depreciation, can a vehicle sit that long without seals going bad or other problems ?
Most car dealerships around here move cars constantly. If they are started up and moved every few weeks, they should be OK.

Clump

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST former 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Mine's a 2019 that I bought on 3/24/20. Sticker was $45,995. Bought for $34,495 before taxes, etc. I had a trade, so it's a little more complicated. Overall a very good deal and got me out of a 2018 Canyon that had been hit pretty hard by a driver making a left on red.

The dealer where I bought is about 50 miles away, high volume. I've bought several vehicles there and they make great deals.

It sat on the lot since June 2019. It's shadow black. The paint felt like sandpaper and the lot rats added a nice collection of scratches and swirls. The dealer has offered to put Luxcare on it at no cost. From everything I've read it's simple sealant. No thanks!

I Used Iron-X on it, then clayed to get rid of contaminants, hand applied cleaner wax on hood, roof and places on the bed that were scratched and finished with Meguiars fast finish. Much better! There's some scratches on the hood that need machine polishing. Out in the sun the paint looks perfect, so I'm good for now. The seat leather was really thirsty. I've done 1 round of cleaner, then conditioner and will condition again in anther week.

It runs great, no leaks or problems. They let it off the lot without doing the taillight recall. The lights worked fine, so I wasn't worried about it and was going to eventually take it to the local Ford dealer. Apparently it was a big problem for the dealer and they sent a tech to my house to examine the wiring.

ccordsen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Hello there! Looking to join the community with the purchase of a new Ranger XL 4x2!

It's a total base model (2020) in black with the only option being the sliding rear window.

I have negotiated it down to $21,142 after all applicable rebates and fees. Is this a good deal?

Thanks for any and all help!

- John from Rhode Island

Fallen Angel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Facilities Director
Hi all,

First post so hello. I'm a former Ranger owner, (2005 Edge), and I'm looking hard at a 2019 Lariat FX4. The best deal I've been offered so far is $45,200 out the door for a pretty well loaded truck. Any opinions?

Thanks,

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Hi all,

First post so hello. I'm a former Ranger owner, (2005 Edge), and I'm looking hard at a 2019 Lariat FX4. The best deal I've been offered so far is $45,200 out the door for a pretty well loaded truck. Any opinions?

Thanks,
On a 2019 you should be able to do MUCH better than that. I bought mine a few days ago, paid $40,999 + tax, doc, license - this is with a 0% finance, no money down, and no payment for 120 days. Ford is bending over backwards to sell anything right now.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

Thanks,
Honestly? That doesn't sound like much of a deal for a truck that is 1 model year old.

What is the sticker? I would be expecting close to 10k off sticker at this point for a 2019.
Sponsored