What is everyone paying for their 5th Gen Ranger?

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ona Lariat MSRP $40k I paid $45K LOL Traded in a four-month old 2019 Lincoln Mkc leased vehicle. My Bad....Rather than keeping the Lincoln, I decided to save $12k in lease payments going forward and apply those to the Ranger instead. I wasn't in any position to "negotiate " being that upside down AND they had the EXACT truck I would have ordered.. Since my payoff was $40K on the Lincoln. They had to pay it off. I had to help there. Everyone else had me $10K in the red.....

For all I know they discounted the truck to make it all work.

Bottomline...I'm happy and that's all that matters. win some lose some.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2004 Corvette, 2005 Ranger Edge
Occupation
Retired Quality and EHS Manager
Ordered HP Red XLT FX4

MSRP $41990
Invoice $40278
-2% Discount $39463

Now I wait for it to come in.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Over the years Iā€™ve always questioned if the amazing deals that some people get on vehicles is true or not. Iā€™ve always done ā€œokā€ but Iā€™ve never got the crazy good deals others claim they get. Now Iā€™m not saying anyone on here is doing that, but for example my brother-in-law makes claims like $10k lower then invoice and I know several other people who always get these crazy good deals... Iā€™ve never figured out if they really do or just like to brag... Then again Iā€™ve also met the Suburban owners that get 30 MPG on their ā€˜burbs and Iā€™m like... What?!?!?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
X plan is a good way to go if you are lucky.

Philip A Schilke
Manager, Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FX4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2019 Ford Ranger Screw cab Lariot FX4
Over the years Iā€™ve always questioned if the amazing deals that some people get on vehicles is true or not. Iā€™ve always done ā€œokā€ but Iā€™ve never got the crazy good deals others claim they get. Now Iā€™m not saying anyone on here is doing that, but for example my brother-in-law makes claims like $10k lower then invoice and I know several other people who always get these crazy good deals... Iā€™ve never figured out if they really do or just like to brag... Then again Iā€™ve also met the Suburban owners that get 30 MPG on their ā€˜burbs and Iā€™m like... What?!?!?
I think dealers will often low ball the trade in and then show a bigger discount on the new vehicle. But sometimes is due to crazy rebates. We bought a new Silverado in 2017. I used my GM supplier discount which saved us $3k off MSRP. Then Chevrolet was offering 3 different rebates that we qualified for totaling $9k. So we ended up getting a truck with a $48k MSRP for $36k.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I had to negotiate with 5 dealers in my area before finding one that was interested in going below invoice price. Maybe because it was end of the quarter. Two of the 5 went below and 2 went to invoice price. Most of them started at MSRP and said they couldn't go any lower.

The funny thing was that the dealer that did the best was the local small town dealer that says most of their business comes from repeat customers. They are a small, lower overhead dealer with a good service department and low pressure sales people. They had one on order and none in stock so I just ordered what I wanted from them and they printed me a copy of the invoice. No trade involved.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I had to negotiate with 5 dealers in my area before finding one that was interested in going below invoice price. Maybe because it was end of the quarter. Two of the 5 went below and 2 went to invoice price. Most of them started at MSRP and said they couldn't go any lower.

The funny thing was that the dealer that did the best was the local small town dealer that says most of their business comes from repeat customers. They are a small, lower overhead dealer with a good service department and low pressure sales people. They had one on order and none in stock so I just ordered what I wanted from them and they printed me a copy of the invoice. No trade involved.
You are lucky. I had a really hard time getting ANY dealers to want to order it for me. I was orginally going to go to the dealer where we purchased our CMax a few years ago - that was a GREAT experience. But he kept stalling me since he didn't have "invoice", and I couldn't get him to commit to anything. So then I was going to go with the dealer where I investigated the Costco purchase program, but do XPlan pricing (it was slightly cheaper than the Costco price), but then I got a "friend of a friend" deal at another dealer - my best friend worked at the dealer so he put in a good word for me with the GM, and they placed the order for me.

It always seemed weird that a dealer would pass on an easy sale - even though the sale was 3 or 4 months in the future. But many of the ones I talked to didn't seem interested.

Johnpenn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You are lucky. I had a really hard time getting ANY dealers to want to order it for me. I was orginally going to go to the dealer where we purchased our CMax a few years ago - that was a GREAT experience. But he kept stalling me since he didn't have "invoice", and I couldn't get him to commit to anything. So then I was going to go with the dealer where I investigated the Costco purchase program, but do XPlan pricing (it was slightly cheaper than the Costco price), but then I got a "friend of a friend" deal at another dealer - my best friend worked at the dealer so he put in a good word for me with the GM, and they placed the order for me.

It always seemed weird that a dealer would pass on an easy sale - even though the sale was 3 or 4 months in the future. But many of the ones I talked to didn't seem interested.
Maybe the first dealer didn't have an allocation left at that time. Someone mentioned allocation problems on another thread. Did he have any Rangers on order for inventory?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I had to talk to multiple dealers before I found one that would pre-order for me. I also don't understand why they weren't interested in a guaranteed sale but I guess they're focused on daily numbers or something.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the first dealer didn't have an allocation left at that time. Someone mentioned allocation problems on another thread. Did he have any Rangers on order for inventory?
I was going to do the ROVP, not a dealer allocation, so it shouldn't have mattered. It wouldn't have taken away from any allocation they had - at least not how I understand the ROVP process to work.

Defender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda6
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if you can combine X-plan or Costco pricing with a military or student discount?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
I don't see why not. I've combined the student discount with A-Plan.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Using X-Plan pricing through MCA. Also have private incentive for $750 (expires 4/1). Expecting delivery on 4/14. Dealer told me they would accept X-Plan for $100 over invoice but not the private incentive because it expires 4/1. Truck won't be on their lot until 4/14.

Does that sound right? Or should I be fighting this out with sales manager?
My X-Plan (thru MCA) is $128 over invoice, since you can use X-Plan pin when you build one on the Ford website so I knew what it should be...but my pre-order summary shows bigger discounts on A/Z and D Plans whatever they are. i was able to use a $750 incentive for doing a test drive at the Chicago Auto Show. I had a Farm Bureau incentive of $500 but the couldn't be used. Was told that at delivery any new incentives would be applied - not that they expected any :)
Sponsored