What do you regret buying for your Ranger?

Bthomas5456

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Everyone talks about the mods they love, but what about the ones you hate or regret? Could go as far as to say what did you wish you spent more $ on and saving some $ made you spend it twice.
Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
1) The Ford hard tonneau cover,
2) Plastic bedliner
3) 2 swing-away bed boxes

1) I've had hard folding covers on my last 3 trucks and this is the only one that leaks. Weird, because it looks like the Ford cover is a BakFlip and my others were Bakflip also. I don't really view this as a regret, but I'm disappointed I didn't get a different cover that seals better.

2) The bedliner just makes it too hard to get at the tie-down hooks; especially when loaded. If Ford had put the hooks up higher, it wouldn't be an issue, because I've had liners before and never saw this as a problem.
This one, at least, got solved for me. At 2000mi a forklift rammed my box and cab, and also damaged the liner. I had insurance spray the box instead of replacing the liner.

3) I should have only bought 1 box. The bed is small enough and 2 boxes takes up too much room for me. I find I'm always pulling one of the boxes out.

Knothead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew FX4, Lariat 501A and chrome package
Hellwig rear sway bar. I like it, it made a nice improvement to the handling. But once I did the eibach rear shocks, I realized I should have installed them first. The Hellwig hangs down below the axle more than I like.

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
The Ford floor liners, the wife's Husky Xact's are a profoundly better solution.

Obijack

First Name
J J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 iconic sliver
Occupation
Attorney
Curt trailer hitch plug from amazon for $3.99. It lasted a few days. No idea where I lost it, but I think it was at a car wash. Car wash said never found it...

Deleted member 1634

For me it was the hasty tonneau cover purchase a week after we got the truck. It's a great cover, don't get me wrong, but a tonneau cover just wasn't the right solution for us. We ended up buying a topper less than a year later and now I just have this practically brand new tonneau cover just sitting on a shelf in my workshop. The Ranger is too new for me to find anyone locally who wants it, and shipping would cost a fortune. So now I'm stuck with it.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone talks about the mods they love, but what about the ones you hate or regret? Could go as far as to say what did you wish you spent more $ on and saving some $ made you spend it twice.
Extang Tailgate seal.....POS....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored