First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You’d be in luck there Dave, the topper window has gas struts to help you out.

Oh, did I mention how much the weight and bulk of all that gear increases my gas mileage? ??‍♂
But that would mean I'd have to lift my arms over my head to open the topper. That's way to strenuous for me now. ?

Weight plus wind resistance (all that gear up top) and you're getting better mileage? Duke, I was born at night but it wasn't last night. ? Sounds like you're feeling better now and hit that liquor cabinet while up at the lake house this weekend??????
Sponsored

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SCab STX 4X4 Towing Pkg. BFG K02's 265/70/17
Occupation
Retired. MTS degree. ANG veteran. 2nd Amendment supporter.
In our SCab, we sometimes notice a little road noise from the vents behind the rear seats.
I checked the inner and outer seals of all 4 doors carefully and they seem intact and connected firmly to the body with no gaps or distortions. The doors all fit snugly against the seals and no apparent gaps. I saw some vents that are in the panels across from the rear seats and come up to about the top of the rear seats. Is this a rear vent shown in the pic? I am thinking about sealing them both off and taking a ride to see if that fixes the noise?

Rear area air vent.jpg

Last edited:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Seems like those vents are there for a reason. I'm not sure I'd seal them off completely.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Pulled the camper out of storage to get it ready for the season.
20220516_114045_013.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Seems like those vents are there for a reason. I'm not sure I'd seal them off completely.
I was hoping they just meant a test run and nothing permanent!?!

I suppose if you were Cheech and Chong, then sealing those up may be a good thing!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
Pulled the camper out of storage to get it ready for the season.
20220516_114045_013.jpg
Kate and I have been looking at trailers, but only on YouTube. How do you like your R-Pod?

I know they are supposed to be top quality.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Kate and I have been looking at trailers, but only on YouTube. How do you like your R-Pod?

I know they are supposed to be top quality.
We like it alot. For the two of us and our three ferrets it is the perfect. We have the one with the twin beds, RP-191. So, no crawling over each other in the middle of the night. Too bad they don’t make that floor plan anymore.

As far as quality I don’t know about "top". It's a 2020 so no big issues, just a few little nit picky ones, nothing I couldn't take care of myself.

Pulls behind the Ranger great. Weights just over 4k loaded.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was only going to seal them off temporarily for the test but was at the Dealer today and the asst. service mgr. said to not even do that. He had not heard of another 5g Ranger with a wind noise problem and no service bulletins on it? I will follow Dave's advice and have someone to ride in the rear seats and listen for noise. Also got the replacement drivers side wind deflector today and will install to see if that makes a difference. :)

Replacemen Deflectors.jpg

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
We like it alot. For the two of us and our three ferrets it is the perfect. We have the one with the twin beds, RP-191. So, no crawling over each other in the middle of the night. Too bad they don’t make that floor plan anymore.

As far as quality I don’t know about "top". It's a 2020 so no big issues, just a few little nit picky ones, nothing I couldn't take care of myself.

Pulls behind the Ranger great. Weights just over 4k loaded.
Thanks for the details, that sounds really good and perfect for what we want. Two of us and Cheech and our kayaks. Probably never more than a week and most likely 2 or 3 nights at a time.

Thanks Lee and I hope you make some awesome memories this summer with it.

Ranger_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Super Cab FX4 White Platinum
Occupation
Wanderer
I checked the inner and outer seals of all 4 doors carefully and they seem intact and connected firmly to the body with no gaps or distortions. The doors all fit snugly against the seals and no apparent gaps. I saw some vents that are in the panels across from the rear seats and come up to about the top of the rear seats. Is this a rear vent shown in the pic? I am thinking about sealing them both off and taking a ride to see if that fixes the noise?

Rear area air vent.jpg
Image 588.png

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
game publisher
I was only going to seal them off temporarily for the test but was at the Dealer today and the asst. service mgr. said to not even do that. He had not heard of another 5g Ranger with a wind noise problem and no service bulletins on it? I will follow Dave's advice and have someone to ride in the rear seats and listen for noise. Also got the replacement drivers side wind deflector today and will install to see if that makes a difference. :)

Replacemen Deflectors.jpg
Let us know how well these deflectors work, I'm on the fence about them but do like to leave my windows cracked in the summer. So i guess my big question is any wind noise and also mirror blockage.

Thanks and good luck!

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Let us know how well these deflectors work, I'm on the fence about them but do like to leave my windows cracked in the summer. So i guess my big question is any wind noise and also mirror blockage.

Thanks and good luck!
David,
I will test them and let you know the general results and also the wind noise factor and if any mirror blockage :)

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
Went to Mexico today to do a quick adjustment to the dental implant I had installed back in March. The trip was great and got good mileage ( 24.7 mpg) round trip averaging 70 mph.

One thing I did find out is the darn HVAC actuator door (or whatever it's called) doesn't work now on the drivers side. It was 106 when we left and of course my side is blowing hot air while the passengers side is cold. Made for a long ride home as even when the vents are closed you still get some hot air through them. The only thing I had in my truck was some paper targets behind the seat so I had my gf hold one one her side to deflect so cold air towards me. Now I hope this can be fixed quickly as we're leaving in a couple weeks for vacation.

Edit: I found the thread here. Now to see if there's parts available.

Border Crossing at Los Algodonez,MX

IMG_5510.jpeg

Once it gets hot and the snowbirds go home the streets are empty this time of year.

IMG_5509.jpeg

We didn't get to stop at Dateland for a date shake Duke @DukeCanBuildit. I was looking forward to one after we were talking about it this morning but with the ac the way it was I was just want ting to get home and out of the hot truck. ?

IMG_5513.jpg
Bummer about your A/C.....I'm guessing you need the climate control module changed out. So some good news for the trip. The weather up here is still really good. We're projected at 45F for a high this Friday (May 20th). Early June should be good for ya'll as you head up to SD. We typically don't get super hot till July in Colorado. Now Moab, not sure about that one but I bet it will be great at night in the desert, but you already know all about that :wink:.

OrangeStreak

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That’s too bad about your a/c @AzScorpion - I sure hope they can fix it for you easily and quickly - I can’t imagine being there without it - it’s a good thing you had a co-pilot to help you stay a bit cool.

More importantly, I hope they got that implant torqued to proper spec this time! ?

Sponsored