Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I scrapped my Ranger with my Recycle bin when my wife parked the Nautilus too close to center of the garage as she just cannot get the lazer parker centered for her CUV.......Sigh.

A couple swipes with a microfiber cloth cleaned off the abrasion....Sheesh...

Best,
Phil
Sponsored

BDoc

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 SCrew
Occupation
US Air Force, retired; now Civil Service (USAF)
Vehicle Showcase
Bryan, See all the fun you're missing when you don't drive you Ranger a lot. lol Glad you're finally getting your level and tires I know you've wanted them for a while now. Cant wait to see them installed! :like:
Amen to that. I dropped it off tonight and was talking to the service guy and mentioned I've been trying to do this for almost a year and a half.

And I drive it - that's how the winder got broked. :LOL:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
What is grille is that? Looks to be DIY/Custom made. I like it a lot.
Looks like Laser X, but still plastic and not metal. (haha those guys want $700 for a mesh metal grill)

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
With a tear in my eye (Wish the Tremor/Ranger raptor wheels came with less positive offset) i took off my tremor wheels and replaced them with RTR tech 6 wheels (17x9, +30) with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17

Absolutely love the look of this, and stop n go feels pretty much the same. Nitto lists these as 57lbs on their website but FEDEX listed them as 54lbs. So not that much of an increase over stock grabbers, and the wheels weigh slightly less.

1631794325568.png
1631794334998.png
1631794347714.png

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
With a tear in my eye (Wish the Tremor/Ranger raptor wheels came with less positive offset) i took off my tremor wheels and replaced them with RTR tech 6 wheels (17x9, +30) with Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/17

Absolutely love the look of this, and stop n go feels pretty much the same. Nitto lists these as 57lbs on their website but FEDEX listed them as 54lbs. So not that much of an increase over stock grabbers, and the wheels weigh slightly less.

1631794325568.png
1631794334998.png
1631794347714.png
That's sharp i have been looking at the RTR wheels. I think they just got out on my wish list.

Zvedza

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '04 SVT Lightning, '16 ZX-10R
That's sharp i have been looking at the RTR wheels. I think they just got out on my wish list.
Yeah was lookin at wheels for a while, but couldnt find many that sort of matched the Tremor wheels. Friend directed me to these and i was sold.
They do have a somewhat gritty texture, also wish they were more of a shiny grey vs a dull grey, but close enough.

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Hmmm, if you mean this one: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/6315831-19-20-ranger-t-rex-laser-x-black-grille-stock-badge.html then no, the honeycomb is behind the frame. I ask because it’s what I attempted to do on mine, yet on the EU version the grille is so much more complex, a lot of cutting would be needed.
So, I started cutting after my last email. It's something that I've contemplated for a year or more, but never ventured deeper, given the destructive way of this mod and the fact that the grill is so hard to remove. Anyway, picture time.

It's not final, there are more fixing points to add and make the mesh fully stick to the frame. Initially I wanted to go in one piece mesh, but cutting the already present mesh and bending into shape was not really an option. I am actually glad that I did it like below, as it looks like it's intended. The mesh is also not 100% same as the already present on the side one, so going with one level deeper was my choice.

For my vehicle there are options to have something similar to the raptor grill (which in OEM form will not fit mine) but I did not like the lack of depth of the aftermarket options, like this one.
1631799826230.png

Now, I have something unique and I am very happy with the outcome but please share an opinion if you think otherwise.

I have the option to attach the emblem, which I do not prefer or to add F.O.R.D. letters, but I actually prefer the badge-less look. Hints are welcomed!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

901FA7B5-F844-49B6-A4C0-79CFC3B7E156.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

6.jpg

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, I started cutting after my last email. It's something that I've contemplated for a year or more, but never ventured deeper, given the destructive way of this mod and the fact that the grill is so hard to remove. Anyway, picture time.

It's not final, there are more fixing points to add and make the mesh fully stick to the frame. Initially I wanted to go in one piece mesh, but cutting the already present mesh and bending into shape was not really an option. I am actually glad that I did it like below, as it looks like it's intended. The mesh is also not 100% same as the already present on the side one, so going with one level deeper was my choice.

For my vehicle there are options to have something similar to the raptor grill (which in OEM form will not fit mine) but I did not like the lack of depth of the aftermarket options, like this one.
1631799826230.png

Now, I have something unique and I am very happy with the outcome but please share an opinion if you think otherwise.

I have the option to attach the emblem, which I do not prefer or to add F.O.R.D. letters, but I actually prefer the badge-less look. Hints are welcomed!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg
I like it! It has a sporty look to it.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

1631799826230.png

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

6.jpg
You are braver than me! I like the clean look without the overdone raptor look letters.

LagoCJ

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor, 2021 Bronco FE
Day one with the new Tremor!!! His name is Quake and he is a Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red. Already had a pile of gear and got most of it installed.

Rokblokz F/R mud flaps (standard size - black logo)
Bakflip X4S rolling tonneau
BedRug full liner
Ford Performance black chrome door sill covers
DeeZee tailgate damper (waiting for my membership card and t-shirt)

Still to install
Wolf Haus bed power adapter
Trailer Brake Controller (Ford)
PIAA A pillar mount lights

Woohoo!!!! SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Day one with the new Tremor!!! His name is Quake and he is a Lariat Tremor, Rapid Red. Already had a pile of gear and got most of it installed.

Rokblokz F/R mud flaps (standard size - black logo)
Bakflip X4S rolling tonneau
BedRug full liner
Ford Performance black chrome door sill covers
DeeZee tailgate damper (waiting for my membership card and t-shirt)

Still to install
Wolf Haus bed power adapter
Trailer Brake Controller (Ford)
PIAA A pillar mount lights

Woohoo!!!! SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!
The wait is over CJ, Welcome to the club! lol ?

The Kool Damper Klub.jpg

Grand Poobah.jpg
Sponsored