2021 Ford Ranger STX SuperCrew 2WD
Occupation
Cybersecurity Consultant

maxbottomtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT SCAB 4x4
Added putco lower grille. no point in covering the logo - completely out of sight anyway. I did read you don't need to remove the lower valence if you don't have ACC. I don't, and can confirm i was able to finagle it into place.
21-08-03 19-11-28 1308.jpg

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter
Installed a set of MGP caliper covers. Took all of ten minutes and happy that the big silver calipers are hidden now...my wheels are so dusty looking in these pictures! :facepalm:
IMG_0577(Edited).jpg

REAR
CaliperCoverRear.jpg

FRONT
CaliperCoverFront.jpg

Jedadiah

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x2
I installed Homelink this morning. I first wanted to put It in the fascia piece in front of the shifter, but it wasn't going to fit. This spot involved cutting the front for the buttons and then also a bigger spot behind for the module. I wired it with an Add a circuit to a fuse that's hot with ignition and grounded it to the metal frame behind this panel. Pretty easy install and easy programming. The kit was $99 plus shipping and tax on Ebay.
IMG_2661.jpeg

IMG_2659.jpeg

Used the "unused" spot 35, which has power with ignition on.

Last edited:

onobeka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford ranger 2.2 European model
Racechip with updated maps has been delivered today. I must say, the feeling of extra torque is there, yet I need to drive it more. According to what they claim it should output close to 500nm. I drove a Raptor which is above 500 and my butt dyno says I could be close.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I painted the lower bumper valance Magnetic Grey to match the bumper.
Also painted the front skid plate satin black.
took about two hours to remove everything and break the bumper valance down to sub assemblies. the sensors just snap in and so do their trim rings. once all out, a light 600 grit sand and then paint, waited an hour then clear coat. re-assemble and admire.
I just rattle can painted the skid plate. dont care if it gets chipped or scratched, can always apply more paint! besides, it should be scratched and dinged or whats the point of a 4x4 truck?

I think those plastic trim wings in front of the tires are coming off next.

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I painted the lower bumper valance Magnetic Grey to match the bumper.
Also painted the front skid plate satin black.
took about two hours to remove everything and break the bumper valance down to sub assemblies. the sensors just snap in and so do their trim rings. once all out, a light 600 grit sand and then paint, waited an hour then clear coat. re-assemble and admire.
I just rattle can painted the skid plate. dont care if it gets chipped or scratched, can always apply more paint! besides, it should be scratched and dinged or whats the point of a 4x4 truck?

I think those plastic trim wings in front of the tires are coming off next.

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG
That looks great!

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
That looks great!
Great result for sure!! Nicely done. I'd like for my truck to look like that too but not badly enough to go through the hassle lol...and I even had it all apart already to get the intrusion beams out without cutting them. Those air dam wings or whatever they're called come off in like 2 min per side and it looks much better without them imo. I also recommend the mountains to metal grill insert if it suits your taste. I can now confirm it does not interfere with the ACC on my lariat.

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
And the saga continues - after wrestling the intercooler yesterday, it looks like I need to take the bumper fascia off to have enough room to drop in. If you haven't seen it, it is at least twice the Ford model in height and thickness, where the oem sort of just came right out, this is not going "just right in" and Mishimoto's directions indicate removal...so much for "watch this". :crackup:

In the great and sneaky wisdom of Ford design versus shop profit, they put a small, 7mm bolt behind the wheel well trim that needs to be removed from both sides before you can begin to remove the piece. Of course, my wrench set has a 6mm and an 8mm and pulling the lip molding (as suggested) will only allow room for a flat wrench...unless you want to pop off the molding and break all the snap/ins that are not like any of the others used that I've seen. (There's a thread here with pics). If you have done that removal, what's the secret to them???:crazy:

Onward! :dance:

Last edited:

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
And the saga continues - after wrestling the intercooler yesterday, it looks like I need to take the bumper fascia off to have enough room to drop in. If you haven't seen it, it is at least twice the Ford model in height and thickness, where the oem sort of just came right out, this is not going "just right in" and Mishimoto's directions indicate removal...so much for "watch this". :crackup:

In the great and sneaky wisdom of Ford design versus shop profit, they put a small, 7mm bolt behind the wheel well trim that needs to be removed from both sides before you can begin to remove the piece. Of course, my wrench set has a 6mm and an 8mm and pulling the lip molding (as suggested) will only allow room for a flat wrench...unless you want to pop off the molding and break all the snap/ins that not like any of the others used that I've seen. (There's a thread here with pics). If you have done that removal, what's the secret to them???:crazy:

Onward! :dance:

It was a PITA. I used a 1/4 ratchet and just pulled on the trim piece as much as needed to fit the socket underneath without breaking anything lol. a ratcheting boxend def would have made this easier. Edit, I think I was able to get the first clip out without breaking which helped with a bit of room.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It was a PITA. I used a 1/4 ratchet and just pulled on the trim piece as much as needed to fit the socket underneath without breaking anything lol. a ratcheting boxend def would have made this easier. Edit, I think I was able to get the first clip out without breaking which helped with a bit of room.
Yeah, I tried using a socket to push over the clip, but I didn't get a release...having that guide piece nearby cuts the room. I was hesitant to keep pulling on it to fit my 1/4...I'm picking up a 7mm later and will march on.

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I also recommend the mountains to metal grill insert
thanks for the support! I put off doing this for a while as I too already had it all off once doing intrusion bars. but honestly after doing ot once it comes off quickly the second time.

the wings are coming off and a M2M insert is on order. glad to hear it doesnt interfere with the adaptive cruise control