First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I had my alternator submerged for 15 minutes, while the truck was running and using the winch. The Front Ford emblem was under water.... mud. Wet mud/water coming in the doors.

Never even spuddered.

It was a crawl in mud bug, I wouldn't have put water that close to my intake at pace.
Sponsored

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Is the alternator water resistant? I noticed that also that it is way too low in the engine bay.
No it is not and other members on here have replaced theirs from frying them from ether mud or water.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is the alternator water resistant? I noticed that also that it is way too low in the engine bay.
Next time you have the hood open look where your alternator is. That’s the weak link in our Rangers
Fully aware! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Bronco 2.3 is coming with a sealed unit that works on our trucks!

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Fully aware! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Bronco 2.3 is coming with a sealed unit that works on our trucks!
Eventually some aftermarket vendor will make a sealed unit for our trucks. Their’s one for Toyota’s over in Australia

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Amber is in the salon to get her racks done.

GettingReady.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Amber is in the salon to get her racks done.

GettingReady.jpg
You had me excited for a minute then I realized Amber was your trucks name and I clicked the link. ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
You had me excited for a minute then I realized Amber was your trucks name and I clicked the link. ?
I think Elvis had a song about you - "...ain't nothing but a hound dog..."?:LOL:

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX FX4, 2017 Lincoln MKX, 2008 Harley XL 1200N, 1972 Pontiac LeMans Convertible
Occupation
Secret agent, man
That's hilarious!

It's turning into another one of my adventures because things are not going as they should. Since I have one of the first trucks off the line it seems like they used whatever was available to put it together. So far, in the six tie downs in my bed, I've run across four different sized torx heads for the same bolts and this is made all the more difficult to realize since they did such a good job with my factory spray-in bedliner that they filled every bolt/screw head to the top with that stuff.

BuiltRight says 10 minutes a side and I've been out here for two hours and I'm half way through the second side.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's hilarious!

It's turning into another one of my adventures because things are not going as they should. Since I have one of the first trucks off the line it seems like they used whatever was available to put it together. So far, in the six tie downs in my bed, I've run across four different sized torx heads for the same bolts and this is made all the more difficult to realize since they did such a good job with my factory spray-in bedliner that they filled every bolt/screw head to the top with that stuff.

BuiltRight says 10 minutes a side and I've been out here for two hours and I'm half way through the second side.
Wow that sucks Tony. Hope you get it straightened out without any more surprises. Sounds like it would've been easier to get Amber some real racks. :shock:

port43

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
childrescuecoalition.org
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Secret agent, man
Wow that sucks Tony. Hope you get it straightened out without any more surprises. Sounds like it would've been easier to get Amber some real racks. :shock:
It's finished now. Time to put in all the clamps for my shovel, jack, flags and whatnot.

Side note, if trucks came with a "real" rack, I'd never get any sleep.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's finished now. Time to put in all the clamps for my shovel, jack, flags and whatnot.

Side note, if trucks came with a "real" rack, I'd never get any sleep.
I'd be living in mine! :bandit:

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Coated the new cv with steelit and the old one is junk the shops near me quoted me 5+ hours to do it, did it in 40 minutes with hand tools and the spare scissor jack in my parking lot....

20210622_153319.jpg

20210622_153317.jpg

20210622_140113.jpg

20210622_120720.jpg
What happened to it?
Not under warranty?
Sponsored