Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Slid a 285/65r18 BFG KO2 into my spare location... now I have a full set of wheels and tires with TPS. Hopefully I can add that wheel into my rotation and extend the purchase of new tires for a bit.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Letterkenny is the funniest show out there.
Agreed. As a former hockey player and now coach (and avid beer drinker), it's one of my favorites. The last couple of seasons haven't been the best in my opinion, but still good.

Reactions: Doc

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
Amazing how many of us are having to take garage size into consideration when buying our next vehicles!
Good call on hanging with your friend. I'm sure he's thankful for the company!
My issue was the OE radio antenna getting the snot beat out of it on my garage door. Found a short one at Auto Zone and the radio seems unaffected. I would like to get the BDS leveling kit and BFG 265/70-17 A/T's when the stockers wear out. One or the other may fit but I'll have to measure carefully before I do both.

KNI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor 2021
Snow's melted and tussilagos are blooming, so I swapped winter tires back to summer tires. Cabin noise went significantly down as the iron studs keep grinding noise when they hammer the asphalt.

Oh, and went and bought foam lance & gallon or so of foam and might wash the car today.. While doing it picked up few quickloaders* and new set of earmuffs**.

* =
** = https://zekler.com/product/hearing-protection-zekler-412rd-84582-en/

Threw water bird with the old Peltors since they just couldn't keep channels anymore..

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Today I washed a million bugs off the Ranger. Got home from Charleston & Florida yesterday and it was a mess up front, the rest not so bad. I used the one-bucket, wash-it-in-the-sun method but it got the job done. Comments from the trip:

1. "Your mileage may vary" - The trip was 2184 miles round trip, mostly north-south on I-95 or I-81 with a little I-10 in Florida thrown in, plus the backroads. The dash said 25.2 mpg overall but my actual calcs were 23.3 for the 93.86 gallons. Drive time was 35 hours and the math works out to about 62 mph, so you know it was mostly highway. It's flat in FL, right, we were west of Gainesville, near the Gulf with trips to Dunellen and Cedar Key, then the Ranger rested and we toured in a Silverado.

2. The Adaptive Cruise Control is a bit wonky for me. Yes, it works with the ss mesh Mountains 2 Metal lower grill insert, but still I think it is too conservative, and it searches for the right speed too much when tailgating, seems to clunk up and down, not smooth. And if you turn it off, every time you start cruise, you get an annoying warning that ACC is off! Collision avoidance still works, but that too alarms when I'm doing "normal" tailgating :) Lots of idiots out there, traffic backups due to a couple accidents, and just heavy traffic. Waze helps but sometimes there's no avoiding it.

3. Overall the truck drove great, the ride was also very nice. Wife said is was truck-like compared to her Escape, but she was going to say that regardless since she wanted to take her car. I will say I think the transmission seems to clunk around, mainly at lower speeds. Maybe 10 speeds is too many or maybe the trans has issues, or maybe I'm just sensing things that aren't there. I was glad to have the "old man step" and Gator bed cover since the bed was full of stuff. It did rain down there, but nothing really got wet. Did get a bit of sand on the Husky floor liners.

4. Saw more Rangers in FL than we've experienced in PA for some reason. A few Hot Peppers, which was unusual since they only made them in 2019, some White, Rapid Red, Silver, Blue, and a Saber.

5. I'm at a little over 8,259 miles and should do an oil change (I did the first at 3,000).

6. I guess I'll keep it! :thumbsup:

20210412_100737.jpg

20210416_114957.jpg

20210416_142257.jpg

20210416_120231_2.jpg

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Got my new shocks on last night. Pretty easy replacement honestly. Worse part was getting my torque wrench behind the exhaust. Drove it into work this morning instead of the mustang since it was snowing. Yes snowing. Rear end still feels fairly soft, but the rebound is much better. No more side to side wallow either. I'm pleased.
IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

Thatwaspontus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab FX4
Occupation
WTT
I guess it was last night, but installed the Softopper that showed up a week before I even had the truck. It's pretty self explanatory but some parts of the instructions could use refinement. Topper material itself appears to be super high quality, we'll see about the hardware, some of it looks like it does double duty as a pet leash from the dollar store. Plenty of reviews saying the whole thing holds up though, and it was much cheaper than the ARE MX I had spec'd out.
20210420_203705.jpg

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
RTR fender flares installed

IMG_0672.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg
The fit sure looks good on these. Was it fairly straightforward? My Ranger comes in next month and I have these flares waiting to go on. Any tips or words of wisdom?

Ds_2020Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL FX4
The fit sure looks good on these. Was it fairly straightforward? My Ranger comes in next month and I have these flares waiting to go on. Any tips or words of wisdom?
Pretty straight forward. Just make sure everything is nice and clean and take your time. It can be a bit tedious putting the seals on the flares. The rear clips did take a bit of upward pressure on the flares to get them to go in.

As a side note, if you are planning an intercooler swap, I would highly suggest doing that first as these will have to come off to remove the front valance.