Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Phil, this was problematic for me as well. So, pulled the stick and wiped it down. Placed it on top of the engine and let the access tube sit for 5 minutes to allow all the oil to drain back down. Then took a reading after inserting stick. I repeat this scenario with each check. Works like a charm!
Hi Rick,

Let it sit overnight and I am right half way up the hash marks...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If it only takes 5.5 qts to the top of the hash marks, then anyone who fills with 6.2 qts in is already on their way to the top hole ?
Hi RR,

I put in 6 qts and am half way up the hashmarks... 0.2 qt in the oil filter...not likely as filter is too small... Oil change complete...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Off Road
Occupation
High School Mathematics Instructor
I was looking into doing this awhile back. You need a Lariat visor because XLT’s does not have the ‘pocket’ to fit the homelink module into. Next there is no wiring present for this in a XLT so you have to get the wire harness and run it up the A pillar to the visor and wire it in. In the end it became more of a hassle than I wanted to venture into. Other options include getting a homelink module off ebay and installing it up in the overhead where there is power already or replacing the rear view mirror with an aftermarket with auto dimming and homelink. Bonus is you get another compass with that! I was thinking of taking the rear view option and see if I could also get one that had the camera screen option so I can add one to the front of the truck.
Thank You - Great Information. That is definitely more work than what I want to do. If the wiring was already there, it would have been much easier. I'm trying to keep up with my wife's Lexus . . . she has the opener integrated with the rearview mirror and lets me know every time she uses it!

gfitzge2

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick wash on the Rangers 2 year anniversary. Came home two years ago today. 16,079 miles. Still very happy with it. :)

Ranger 2 years 2 for web.jpg
Ranger 2 years 1 for web.jpg
:thumbsup:

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I added the last two bed tie-down hooks to my Ranger. They were spendy but I like them and I’m a self-diagnosed OCD Perfectionist and those empty bolt holes we’re driving me nuts! I like OEM whenever possible.

By the way - it’s CDO not OCD because the letters are not in alphabetical order?
86917075-9E75-4B49-B0C6-266096184E8E.jpeg
254AB3F2-97FF-4134-9DC9-AD75270272CC.jpeg

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Rehabilitation Facilities Manager
If it only takes 5.5 qts to the top of the hash marks, then anyone who fills with 6.2 qts in is already on their way to the top hole ?
In my ranger 6.2 qrts in the crank case would be too much... even with a empty filter. I would assume the 6.2 qt capacity includes the filter. To be honest I actually use a little less than 5.5 quarts total. When I did my first at 1000 miles I wasnt going to buy a 7th quart jut use ".2 " of it. Im sure theres's a good bit more than .2 quarts remaining in the eninge, even after a prolonged draining on a warm/hot engine. I make sure the frame is as close to level as I can get it on the jack stands. I fill up a new Motorcraft FL-910S oil filter ( the OEM small one) before putting it on, it will take more than 1/4 quart but not quite 1/2 quart. Pour the new oil in the new filter and let the element absorb the oil, then fill again and it will absorb a lttlie more. On the third fill i stop about half way from the top( so very little if any spills when i tilt it to thread it on). This whole thing isnt really necessary but just something i do. I save the remainder of that ( it all adds up... after a while I'll have a full quart saved) then a 5 quart jug into the crank case. Ive done this same rutine a total of three times now and it seems to be just right. Up to the hash marks and no rising levels. I use mobile 1 advanced full synthetic and it looks pretty good between changes....dark but not nasty.

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Continuing my pursuit of financial dumbassery, I purchased a travel trailer yesterday. I pick it up next Friday. I made the mistake of taking my father and wife along. They ganged up on me and I ended up with the more expensive one ha. Better quality though, so I'm not real upset. 23' box and 4,000 dry.
IMG_5419.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Turbosmart Blow Off Valve that came in the mail yesterday. Took about 5 minutes.

Unplug factory BOV

IMG_1603.jpg

Remove 3 bolts

IMG_1604.jpg

Mount Turbosmart - it only goes 1 way, make sure you line up the bolt holes right

IMG_1605.jpg

Tighten bolts and test

IMG_1606.jpg

Coffee time!!:p

Deanimal

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger SC XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Today I put on a Ford Embark LS tonneau cover. I got a a great deal on Ebay. It was a big gamble but it seems to have paid off. The up side is I only paid $800. The downside is no warranty. It had only one small ding from shipment and it was in a spot that is unseen. I will let you know more if it gives me trouble. FYI currently the seller has one more if anyone else wants to roll the dice. Sellers name is blakehurlburt1 .

RangerCoverPic1.PNG

RangerCoverPic2.PNG

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I added the last two bed tie-down hooks to my Ranger. They were spendy but I like them and I’m a self-diagnosed OCD Perfectionist and those empty bolt holes we’re driving me nuts! I like OEM whenever possible.

By the way - it’s CDO not OCD because the letters are not in alphabetical order?
86917075-9E75-4B49-B0C6-266096184E8E.jpeg
254AB3F2-97FF-4134-9DC9-AD75270272CC.jpeg
what kind of bed rug is that ? I need one ..
Regards

DRVMN

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Reactions: Doc

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
Changed the oil, after the dealer did it the first time, not sure who the gorilla was that tightened up the drain bolt at the dealership that thing was on there, same with the filter what a PITA.

Ericrcif

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariant FX4
Occupation
Retired
It's been 22 days since I went to the dealership to get my rear shock replaced under warranty. No response. I ordered Fox 2.0's from Stage 3 this morning.
Fox-2.0-Rear-Ranger.png
Curious why you didn't go thru Benny here for the Ford Fox 2.0 for cheaper price?
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc