Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Where do you drive that has nails?
I do a lot of jobs on new constructions sites. When I had my business back east I primarily did new construction and think I only got 1 nail in my tire in over 30 years on site. But they use to clean the job sites and streets better there than here. Either that or my Ranger has an iron deficiency? lol
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I do a lot of jobs on new constructions sites. When I had my business back east I primarily did new construction and think I only got 1 nail in my tire in over 30 years on site. But they use to clean the job sites and streets better there than here. Either that or my Ranger has an iron deficiency? lol
Hi Dave,

When my house was under construction, there were nails everywhere which I tried to clean up...then when the house on the last lot was being framed... Several of us that lived between the end of the Cul de Sac and the new construction got flat tires....Sigh....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Dave,

When my house was under construction, there were nails everywhere which I tried to clean up...then when the house on the last lot was being framed... Several of us that lived between the end of the Cul de Sac and the new construction got flat tires....Sigh....

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Hi Phil,

I've basically lived on construction sites my whole career and it's almost impossible to contain the debris from them. It just seems like it's so much worse here than anywhere else I've worked. You know as well as I do that the tradesman and customer service is sub par to say the least out here, not all but most.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Yeah, but I don't use it yet. There was a post about it and the OP indicated that he has had no problems with this design and the ACC. I liked this one better than the Putco with the cutout (besides, the logo is better for modding too :angel:)

Several posts indicate same, so more info soon I am sure.
Terry and Paul, I just posted that ACC works, replying to a previous post. I echo Terry's comments.

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
M2M advertises it as being compatible with and without ACC. I ordered one as well so I'll find out for sure next month when my Lariat comes in. Feel free to post your results in the meantime though!
Does your truck have the ACC module? Looking for some feedback on maintaining functionality as I have ordered an M2M grill...and a Ranger Lariat.
Just installed the M2M grille insert - the mod panel version, not the more popular honeycomb. I did a brief cruise on some 50 mph roads and ACC worked flawlessly in my limited testing. No errors on the dash, maintained distance with cars, slammed on the brakes when I intentionally left it on longer than I needed to.

YMMV but seems to work great!

IMG-5842.jpg

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Today, I switched out my winter tires for my summer tires. It is the first time doing it on the Ranger. I knew the winter wheels had hub centric rings and I knew what they were for, but I had not seen them before. I had expected them to be metal. To my surprise when I took off the wheel that they were green plastic things.

With all of the tools I purchased mainly from Amazon, everything worked well. I almost felt like sending my resume to a NASCAR Pit crew.

I love my floor jack, but the power (breaker) bar, torque wrench, deep socket set purchased from Amazon and the impact wrench from Canadian Tire also worked very well.

These are the Canadian Amazon links of the items. As mentioned I really loved the floor jack. The Ranger manual was helpful in me finding the proper floor jack lift locations.

Floor jack: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079HW38LF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Deep socket set: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00944N154/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Power bar: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B001222378/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Torque Wrench: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M1D17AW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9DF5ACDE-721C-4AEC-9C3E-4B275235DF01.jpeg

09C75FD0-573F-4977-81CF-1AC118B22FD6.jpeg

5988F788-FA37-4BC9-978E-AD45B9A511B0.jpeg

292F8721-8CDE-4CB8-9961-E173939B411B.jpeg

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Went to a local dealership this morning and had them program the Securicode keypad that came with the truck when I custom ordered it last year.

I used some of my Fordpass points to pay for it.

IMG_20210409_100439625.jpg

When the lovely wife and I got home after antiquing in a nearby town, I installed it below the back window. The only reasonable place I could come up with.

Some people have mentioned putting them at the bottom right corner of the windshield, but below the back glass seemed to be a little easier to reach.

IMG_20210409_172836607.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Went to a local dealership this morning and had them program the Securicode keypad that came with the truck when I custom ordered it last year.

I used some of my Fordpass points to pay for it.

IMG_20210409_100439625.jpg

When the lovely wife and I got home after antiquing in a nearby town, I installed it below the back window. The only reasonable place I could come up with.

Some people have mentioned putting them at the bottom right corner of the windshield, but below the back glass seemed to be a little easier to reach.

IMG_20210409_172836607.jpg

That's a good spot Scott. I've seen some put them inside the gas door too.

Keypad:Fuel Door.jpg

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
That's a good spot Scott. I've seen some put them inside the gas door too.

Keypad:Fuel Door.jpg
Interesting place, are the fuel tank doors not locked? I have to unlock my doors in the Everest for it to open.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Interesting place, are the fuel tank doors not locked? I have to unlock my doors in the Everest for it to open.
No they're not locked, you just push on it to open. It would be nice to have them lock like yours does or at least have a latch on the floor.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Lockless and capless.
No they're not locked, you just push on it to open. It would be nice to have them lock like yours does or at least have a latch on the floor.
Thats strange they dont lock, another thing I dont understand about the US rangers. For this day and age anyway.
Sponsored