First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Is there a difference except the color? My wife's Jeep has red ones.
Only difference is the color. Now I have two sets, and am considering painting the black pair another color. Maybe blue.
Sponsored

RoadtripsOfUnusualSize

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
Today was your first oil change on a 2019?

I would change it at least once a year regardless of mileage.
I bought it from CarMax a few months ago. It only had 100 miles on it. Its history is cloudy, but I suspect that it was new dealer stock that was never sold. So, I basically bought a brand new 2019 in late 2020. But, your point is a good one.

Last edited:

jdwinter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Busy weekend here...added towing capability to my non-towing package Ranger by:
  • Installing the DrawTite hitch, wiring bundle, and 7/4 pin connector. This took WAY too many tools and WAY too much time - highlighting my amateur status - but most of that frustration was spent on trying to get those metal clips on the connector to engage on the tabs. I ended up cutting a full oval in the plastic for the size of the connector instead of the shape shown on the bumper. I still have to add a trailer brake controller, but I am considering getting a dealership to do it after reading the instructions elsewhere on here!
And I also dealt with a number of annoyances:
  • Disabled the Software Enhanced Engine Sounds via Forscan (again - it got re-enabled somehow? Maybe with the towing wire bundle change?)
  • Crawled into the bed with some Flex Tape to seal up some of the gaps at the front of the bed under the tonneau cover (fingers crossed)
  • Removed dealer badge and Siriusxm sticker

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Discovered a leak.
Washed my truck last week and didn't drive it hardly at all.... because I didn't want to wash it again. I walked by it yesterday and there appeared to be an oil stain on my concrete driveway. Driver's side rear shock, at 8k miles. Anyone else have this issue? Forgive my ignorance, but should this be a warranty issue at such low mileage? Or am I better suited to skip that and upgrade the rear shocks? If plan B, then what's the best brand / model that won't raise suspicions with the Mrs.?

Side note: While under the truck, my flowmaster muffler I welded in looks super rusty. Not like just the paint is rusted off, but like the metal is starting to compromise. Weird right? I know we get salt here in norther Pa, but damn. I forgot to take a picture of it.

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Washed the dirty mofo. 3 months of pollen caked on sucked and gave it a nice yellow tint... No before pics, unfortunately.

B4C35FD6-E97F-4F99-A281-C813CDC00252.jpeg

A8409D41-41F0-49F3-AD1C-FCDBCD8F9905.jpeg

DAB63463-7678-4694-B6FD-4A5C6159D5EF.jpeg
Pollen seems earlier and worse this year than I can remember. That color looks great with the black package.