First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
As I said, I measured before. Granted it hadn't been driven. Then installed, & drove it, pulled into driveway, & measured again. Same tape measure.
Sponsored

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
i also notice a 2 inch drop in height as measured from the bottom of the Weathertech Bump Stop i have installed in the receiver. (Before 21 3/4" After 19 3/4")
No way just changing shocks is going to lower the truck 2". Not unless they are too short.

Got to be off on the before measurement. 21-3/4" Sounds awful high anyway.

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
No way just changing shocks is going to lower the truck 2". Not unless they are too short.

Got to be off on the before measurement. 21-3/4" Sounds awful high anyway.
As I said, this measurement was not at the wheel well. It was back at the hitch.

tentspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Finally have something worthy of posting, although I technically did this past Saturday.... Also sorry for the dirt. It was proper winter in Germany until Monday and salt was EVERYWHERE!

I got hold of some Eibach 30mm spacer plates for a very good price and installed those. Big fan of the fitment. Not too extreme but the wheels finally fill the space and the truck doesn't look like a dude who skips leg day anymore.
So far I can't really feel they're there.. But I know they are and I love walking up to my Ranger in a parking lot even more!
IMG_20210213_123517.jpg

The other thing I did was build a little wire harness with some LED lights. It's a complete pain in the ass to properly (and according with laws) mount extra LEDs here in Germany and I'm a little afraid of permanently putting in extra wires for something I won't use too often.
So what I did, I grabbed two cheapo LED lights, some strong magnets with some rubber underneath and some wire and soldered myself some "snap-on" LED lights.
I honestly like how it works, even though my soldering is absolute shit.
The magnets are easily strong enough to sustain some 30-50km/h offroad driving AND I can put them wherever I need them (front/side/rear/underneath if I feel like it). If I dont use them I just put them away. No trouble with German laws is also a nice plus.
IMG_20210213_190221.jpg

My love for this truck just keeps growing. It was an absolute blast in the snow, although rear wheel drive is pretty much unusable. No surprise there though..

Stay safe and healthy, everyone!
Hey Ulrich, did you notice any difference to the ride quality with the spacers installed?

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
There are a lot of people on here that would love to drop the rear 2 inches with only spending $180 bucks for shocks. 95% of the people on here that put rear Eibach's on would be pissed if it dropped 2 inches ! Do you have 4x2 or 4x4 as I can measure the rear wheel well height as I have both. Bret

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
As I said, this measurement was not at the wheel well. It was back at the hitch.
Understood, at the wheel well it better be over 30". Still sounds high even for a factory hitch.

Shocks will not lower a truck unless something is wrong. Most others are seeing a slight gain.

Many of us would love an easy way to lower the back 2", but this ain't it.

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Getting routine service (6,700 miles in 18 months?).
...while I wait...these are new 2021s..Shadow Black, Cactus Gray (it does not look green!), and Carbonized Gray).
I want another Mustang GT?!

20210217_155149.jpg

Last edited:

Dhass68

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Brake and Suspension mechanic
If the back of your truck dropped 2 inches by just installing shocks, they are way too short and you will feel this as soon as your drive it

JACER

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
All I'm gonna
is: I measured before, and measured after. These are the shocks from Stage 3 Eibacks. I changed nothing else. Measured twice.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Got the tires rotated (first 6k) and alignment as yesterday's "do" was putting the Eibach Sports Performance strut cartridges in. Here's the spec sheet from the alignment shop:

IMG_1512.jpg

Don't think their computer had Nuk Nuk's in the listing for tires :crazy:

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got the tires rotated (first 6k) and alignment as yesterday's "do" was putting the Eibach Sports Performance strut cartridges in. Here's the spec sheet from the alignment shop:

IMG_1512.jpg

Don't think their computer had Nuk Nuk's in the listing for tires :crazy:
HI Terry,

Looks good... your shop delivered excellently!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired