First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Found these today and said to myself why not! Their smoke and sequential led. For the price it’s worth seeing how they look. Plug and play they say. I’ll let y’all know https://www.ebay.com/itm/393066718246

729C7F17-2537-43A2-9FFD-B1561CDFFFCB.jpeg
I have done 'some' of these mods like: red/white & blue Ranger letters on tailgate, red Ranger letters on grill, Weathertech mud flaps, LED lighting in bed, Ford roll top bed cover (which leaks - haven't found a solution yet), oh and that DAMPER thing, but the smoked side markers (I wouldn't do on an HPR Ranger), are these replacementts also reflective as are the original versions? And, i am considering, for the rears only, the Eibach shocks.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I paid it's $503 in registration to keep driving it.:shock:
1612710494496.png

Wow! That seems like a lot - does it include your minimum insurance or is that just an annual tag fee?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
1612710494496.png

Wow! That seems like a lot - does it include your minimum insurance or is that just an annual tag fee?
Mine was $602. You must of forgot how expensive registration is here. lol That's just for reg, tag fee and vehicle tax which is based on value.

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Mine was $602. You must of forgot how expensive registration is here. lol That's just for reg, tag fee and vehicle tax which is based on value.
Wow that hurts ! My registration here is $200 for 5 years. Bret

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
It must be that vehicle tax based on value - in the last three provinces I’ve lived, I would pay registration of about $100-$120 per year - that’s about twelve dollars and thirty two cents US. ? No vehicle tax.

The only thing I registered in AZ was my EZGO. ? I would drive my ’01 Ranger down in the fall and fly back. That way I’d have my truck each time I flew down - had a ton of airline miles so I could just go down for a long weekend when I wanted. I’d drive it back in the spring. It was great having the truck there so I could get out to McDowell Mtn Park, Estrella, Cave Creek, The Superstitions, or South Phoenix Mtn Park - loved mountain biking in the South Phoenix Mtn Preserve - some very tough and sketchy trails up top on the south ridge - one false move and you’re in Ahwatukee!

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow that hurts ! My registration here is $200 for 5 years. Bret
That's cheap! There are a lot of things out here that are still reasonable but auto reg and insurance isn't one of them. On top of that my insurance is $1,100 and I have a spotless driving record. :shock:

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
That's cheap! There are a lot of things out here that are still reasonable but auto reg and insurance isn't one of them. On top of that my insurance is $1,100 and I have a spotless driving record. :shock:
My insurance for my 2 Rangers is $1150 a year and we don't have sales tax here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
My insurance for my 2 Rangers is $1150 a year and we don't have sales tax here.
Our sales tax is 8.8%. I wish I could deal with the cold weather because I'd be looking into moving near you. lol I know that I won't be out here for ever, heck the way it's changing out here I'll most likely move in the next four years. One thing I'll look into better is vehicle costs because it takes a big chink out of your finances.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
You all have never lived in Taxachusetts then! We got excise tax, so my 2020 comes in at $700 or so this year, depreciation is quick on this one though and it’s yearly. Then tag renewal every 2 years at $60 or if you have vanity it’s a $100. Then insurance, so that’s about 1100 a year. Then gas tax! And lastly luxury tax on the high priced units. Sales tax on everything, so my truck was 2K over negotiated price at delivery. DMV fees for title, reg swap and if you want to off-road a local fee and sticker for proof! Fines are hefty for noncompliance

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired mechanic
Our sales tax is 8.8%. I wish I could deal with the cold weather because I'd be looking into moving near you. lol I know that I won't be out here for ever, heck the way it's changing out here I'll most likely move in the next four years. One thing I'll look into better is vehicle costs because it takes a big chink out of your finances.
We dont have any sales tax here at all. We do have a document fee for getting a new vehicle of 4% and you get credit for your trade in. My property taxes are $1100 per year and if you are over 65 and lived here for 4 years they cut your school taxes in half and that usually will save you an additional 400 per year.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You all have never lived in Taxachusetts then! We got excise tax, so my 2020 comes in at $700 or so this year, depreciation is quick on this one though and it’s yearly. Then tag renewal every 2 years at $60 or if you have vanity it’s a $100. Then insurance, so that’s about 1100 a year. Then gas tax! And lastly luxury tax on the high priced units. Sales tax on everything, so my truck was 2K over negotiated price at delivery. DMV fees for title, reg swap and if you want to off-road a local fee and sticker for proof! Fines are hefty for noncompliance
I was a Masshole at one time... ? I lived there for 51 years and know all about all those taxes and hidden "fees". That was one big reason for moving out here was to get away from all the taxes and fees they charge you out there. Here we have the equivalent to excise tax but instead of getting a separate bill in the spring we just pay it when we register. One good thing is our licenses don't have to be renewed until you're 65. I guess they think no one ages much from 21-65? :crazy: Even then I think I only paid $17.00 to get mine out here and that included my motorcycle license too.
Sponsored