What did you do to your Ranger today?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Put on the blue FX4 emblem to replace the stock red one. Unlike a lot of people, I actually like the Fx4 on the truck. I’m just more of a blue guy.

My dad even liked it so much, he ordered one for his F150 the same day!

EDIT: Also put in LEDs in the license plate lights. All in all, took less than 5 minutes.

8A345A4D-D011-405F-BA3E-1AB04297DA03.jpeg
I like the FX4 too. The blue looks good also :like:
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Once we got home from the drive thru COVID vaccine lines up in Tucson for Margie's inoculation, I got out a microfiber cloth to wipe the poor snowed on Ranger. Margie said to forget it and let it drip dry...but she sighs....OCD about Rangers....sigh!

best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Boy, we are in the Wayback machine today! Where's Mr. Peabody and Sherman?
One of the first things I did when I got my first car ( 64 Ford Fairlane Sports Coupe 500) was put a tach in, second was speaker on rear deck and reverb dial under dash lol!!

IngotTexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Do the plate lights affect your backup camera? Some people have complained about this.
Finally had some time to test them out at night after a wash so the camera is 100% clean. Not really any affect on the camera as far as I can tell... maybe the slightest bit around the bottom corners but doesn’t affect the whole picture. Here is them on at night and during the day in my driveway. Not the best quality pictures but...

F90219F3-8A27-43FF-B0E8-8C2E7BFF322E.jpeg
9CC06F36-248E-4949-ADD5-073B4393A287.jpeg

ElSolo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford XLT, Lightning Blue, FX2 pkg, 301A pkg, Tow pkg.
Just got the blinkers today and installed. Left was very easy to install. The right required removing the air filter inlet to get my hand in there to remove the bulb. To remove the air inlet: remove the two torx bolts, open air filter housing and remove air filter then just push the inlet out from the housing with your hand.

Right light hyper-blinked at first. I turned off truck and restarted. They work perfect and I love the look. Easiest upgrade I've done.
Good to hear. I didn't have to remove the air filter, though it was a bit of a pain to install the passenger side bulb. Interesting that yours hyperblinked. I didn't have that experience. I agree that they look great. As I've said in previous posts, they are very bright, but I don't think they are too bright. I've done swaps to LEDs on all the exterior lighting and love the look and overall benefit for nighttime driving.

E Monty

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Ranger XLT/‘03 Excursion
Occupation
Sheet Metal Worker
Installed the MBRP cat back this evening. Pretty easy overall but the worst part about it was all the pieces it gets shipped to decrease the box size. Equals a cumbersome install with all the moving lengths of pipe. Gotta tighten the back half down with the tip on to make sure it all looks correct once finished. I couldn't come with a decent enough reason (excuse) to head into town so I could give it a listen guess it will have to wait till morning...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Ranger got a bath and cleaned up the wife’s 2008 Wrangler Rubicon. Just rolled 6,000 miles on the Jeep. Bought her from an elderly collector/enthusiast last year with 2,600 original miles!

BA05CCAE-5C11-468D-9FE3-B32EC2DB79FB.jpeg

29D13FD2-B437-482A-ACE0-EAB7B7CA3D44.jpeg
Nice find on that Rubicon.

Last edited:

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Installed the MBRP cat back this evening. Pretty easy overall but the worst part about it was all the pieces it gets shipped to decrease the box size. Equals a cumbersome install with all the moving lengths of pipe. Gotta tighten the back half down with the tip on to make sure it all looks correct once finished. I couldn't come with a decent enough reason (excuse) to head into town so I could give it a listen guess it will have to wait till morning...
"We need some milk..." :)

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
Girlfriend got me a new grille today. Install tomorrow morning. Will post pics and review. Happy Anniversary to me lol

IMG_20491.jpg
She's a keeper, suggest you buy her a nice tailgate damper in return, and don't forget the anniversary card to go with it!
Sponsored