Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Formerly owner of an Ingot FX4
Occupation
Retired
I plan to do the same thing this spring.
What brand did you use and how long is the project? Any special tool recommendations?
Thank you.
Brian
Hi Brian. Check out this thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/towing-4-down.3327/

There is lots of good info there. Working with buddies, I probably spent 8-10 hours on the project in actual effort. But, this was just moving from one towed vehicle to another. It's quite a project and requires lots of planning, research, and parts sourcing. PM me if you want any details on my project. Best of luck on yours.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have it installed at your dealership? Were you not happy towing without it?
Brian
I had it installed through the dealer. I was going to install the Redarc myself and also thought about installing the Ford one as well to get the second module. I just bought this truck and it is the first new vehicle I've owned since 1984! So I asked the dealership for a quote on the part installed, thinking the price would be crazy and I would just move forward. They made a mistake on the number of hours for the installation and serious underquoted. This took it from ridiculous too within reason. They owned their mistake and installed it as quoted.

We are just returning to towing after leave for a few years. I haven't pulled anything yet with this truck but up here Ontario, you need a brake system for anything over 3000 lbs. Since we are looking for a trailer in the 4000-5000lb area, I went ahead with it. I wanted install incase I saw something I really wanted to buy..you know show up with cash and a ready truck and sometimes you get a deal!

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
I had it installed through the dealer. I was going to install the Redarc myself and also thought about installing the Ford one as well to get the second module. I just bought this truck and it is the first new vehicle I've owned since 1984! So I asked the dealership for a quote on the part installed, thinking the price would be crazy and I would just move forward. They made a mistake on the number of hours for the installation and serious underquoted. This took it from ridiculous too within reason. They owned their mistake and installed it as quoted.

We are just returning to towing after leave for a few years. I haven't pulled anything yet with this truck but up here Ontario, you need a brake system for anything over 3000 lbs. Since we are looking for a trailer in the 4000-5000lb area, I went ahead with it. I wanted install incase I saw something I really wanted to buy..you know show up with cash and a ready truck and sometimes you get a deal!
Sounds good. Thank you.
Is that a Ski Doo for your picture? I am not to far from you in Vermont and have a 2018 MXZX 850 all ready for riding as soon as Mother Nature provides some more snow.
Brian

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Hi Brian. Check out this thread: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/towing-4-down.3327/

There is lots of good info there. Working with buddies, I probably spent 8-10 hours on the project in actual effort. But, this was just moving from one towed vehicle to another. It's quite a project and requires lots of planning, research, and parts sourcing. PM me if you want any details on my project. Best of luck on yours.
Thank you, I follow that thread and have watched the video on etrailer and the installation doesn’t look to bad other than the amount of parts you need to remove and then reinstall. I will plan on a long day.
Brian

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lightening Blue Ranger XLT, 302A, FX4, Tow and Technology/ 2005 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good. Thank you.
Is that a Ski Doo for your picture? I am not to far from you in Vermont and have a 2018 MXZX 850 all ready for riding as soon as Mother Nature provides some more snow.
Brian
Hey Brian:
I wish it was a Skidoo. I had one in my misspent youth! lol
It is a motorcycle, BMW R1200RT with some modifications. I keep hoping for snow, but so far not much here either. Some guys up the street put them on trailers and go a few hours north, but I hear there hasn't been much snow at all this year.
Take care,
Kris

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
SBC
Got my LineX liner installed today and put my Truxedo x15 tonneau cover on. I think the LineX looks really good, but I'm quite disappointed that they did not plug the factory holes like they said they would. My truck came with the plastic bed liner, so I removed it and took most of the screws since I needed washers, they just sprayed and filled these holes. They also got white crap (i'm assuming paint dust from sanding it) all over the inside of my leather. It does look awesome though, I also told them I didn't want any sticker's, but they said they needed to put the one in the bed. Didn't get great pictures of the cover due to light, may try to grab some tomorrow.

I should also mention Truxedo support has been awesome. I had the bed extender on my ram, and they sent me a replacement latch that allowed me to open the tonneau cover w/ the extender for this one, Amazon sent me a very old in stock unit that did not have the updated bulhead seal for the 2020 ram's. Their support knew what I was talking about right away and sent me a replacement. I've been very happy with my dealings with them and would recommend them for sure. I also specifically want rollup covers since I put Motorcyles in the bed and don't want a flip up trifold blocking my rear view.

IMG_4630.JPG
IMG_4631.JPG
IMG_4633.JPG
IMG_4632.JPG

IMG_4640.JPG

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Bedliner yesterday

9EF3E49B-BE3F-4E84-A993-73023EC11E58.jpeg

37C1E9A4-66D3-42BB-B06D-D062C40CB607.jpeg

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels and tires today

255DB8EF-8AF2-4435-9651-22161E9D23D3.jpeg

A119F08A-663B-4DAC-92DE-E43C37E86782.jpeg

F986C138-6488-427B-B6FC-042D5E7D8750.jpeg

Byngsboys

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
Love the Silver...so close. That colour with the black accents looks like liquid mercury.

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SBC
Got some daylight photos of the Tonneau and another of the liner. Touched up the interior after the mess left by the Linex installer and I called them to tell them I was disappointed. They actually offered to install the cover and detail the inside, I'm not taking them up on it but just happy to hear the response. The guy said he would have plugged had it been requested, well I asked the lady at the desk if it would be plugged and she told me yes, so huge miss on them.

I also think the pro x15 for the ranger doesn't fit quite as well as the lopro did on my Ram 1500. I notice the ends flare up and I could see potential for some water to get into the bed. The only time I ever got water in the bed of the ram was with a pressure washer. I do like the feel of the material on the x15, and it seems to roll easier.

There is also a significant gouge on the top of the tailgate, with a minor scuff in the paint itself. with just 300 miles on the truck, I really wonder if this happened during the Line-X install, but just can't be sure as I thought I looked around the truck after the work was done and don't remember seeing it.

IMG_4643.JPG

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4645.JPG

LoPro on the Ram for comparison
IMG_4605 (1).JPG

IMG_4645.JPG

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
15% tint all the way. Just need some Shrockworks now to call it complete.

83AD37CF-A1E9-4C5A-B07A-4DE1A3664F75.jpeg

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SBC
Got my Swing case installed today. Wanted to put a socket set, some jumper cables, tie downs in the bed since I have the supercab and its pretty tiny in the back seat. The LineX having plugged the holes made it a pain in the ass to deal with, stripped 2 of the bolts it came with but luckily had some metric bolts on hand. I'll have to get a tap and die set due to this.

Also unfortunately I had to remove the bed outlet as this was in the way of the drive side install, had I known this, I would have bought the passenger side box mount.

IMG_4649.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

IMG_4651.JPG

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
Oil change last night. Extended size k & n filter and ~6.5 quarts of royal purple 5w-30. Second oil change at 6500 miles (first was at 2000). I was going to grab a sample to send to blackstone to make sure all is well, but I forgot to. By the time I remembered, it was too late. :facepalm:

Was going to rotate the tires, but I just didn't have the energy. Maybe this weekend.
Sponsored