First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Best 20 bucks I've spent in a while.
IMG_6883.jpeg
I have ordered mine, but it got lost in shipping. Amazon has refunded me my money. I am still pushing the shipping company to find it, but if they have not found it by Tuesday, I will reorder it.
Sponsored

Igor

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 2020 XLT 4x4 Sport
I have ordered mine, but it got lost in shipping. Amazon has refunded me my money. I am still pushing the shipping company to find it, but if they have not found it by Tuesday, I will reorder it.
Can you post link to amazon product please?

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I too traded a Colorado off on a ranger about a month ago. I also liked their tailgate. Made sense to add that feature. The speed was about perfect. When I opened the one on the Ranger I expected it and was surprised. I was told not an option.
I wonder how fast/slow the add on one is. Might be something I get. Hopefully not as slow as the glove box!
Here is the speed of the fall. It prevents the rapid fall. I assume that the damper makes it too heavy for some to close the tailgate, which explains the true vehement dislike due to lack of strength. ?

Attachments

Rangerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCrew
Here is the speed of the fall. It prevents the rapid fall. I assume that the damper makes it too heavy for some to close the tailgate, which explains the true vehement dislike due to lack of strength. ?
In my case I had strong arms full of stuff, the tailgate fell and popped out of its moorings. I want it to protect the tailgate and will continue to lift weights for my arms. Problems solved.

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Never have understood the need for a damper for a tailgate. Seems like a truly unnecessary gimmick for me. I mean, unless you have a medical need that would warrant it...it's not even like the tailgate is heavy.

HTX1811

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ranger STX 4x4,16 Audi A7
Occupation
Retired
Finished up the full size spare tire today by mounting it under the truck. You can see from the pics how much taller the new spare tire is compared to the stock 16" rim spare. I would guess you could get a 34" tire under there considering the Nitto Ridge Grappler 255/80R17 is just a hair over 33" in diameter. I am pretty sure a 35" would not fit.
While under the truck, I sprayed some Kroil on the chain and lift mechanism to lube things up a bit.

IMG_2423.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg