Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Hi Folks,

I had to show off my Ranger today to my Medicare Lady. She wades through the minefield of Part D Prescription Drug Plans. Our plan is raising prices and she found a better, more coverage plan that will save us about $50 a month... She is interested in a Ranger for her husband and I will likely give them an X Plan to facilitate a Ford buy. I have 4 to give away but so far no takers... Get 4 new ones next year, so hopefully I will be able to help her. For you non old farts....good luck when you turn 65...you are in for a real treat with gov't health care....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
My wife just waded into the minefield of Medicare healthcare coverage. After taking care of both her parents till they passed, she is now, as of last month, a licensed insurance agent specializing in the Medicare arena. Glad it’s her and not me. Just helping her prepare for the test was painful enough.
If I replace my 19’ Ranger with a 20’ or 21’, I may just hit you up to negotiate an X-Plan, if you don’t mind. Best purchase experience I ever had was for a 2004 Frontier. i lived a few miles from the Nissan plant in TN and a friend gave me a plan purchase. Very easy, no haggling and “dealer fees” set by the manufacturer.
Thanks for all you do to enlighten us...

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
I put on my AVS bug deflector today. I purchased a trim pad remover, as suggested in the attached video. It was worth every penny to get the plugs out. I also purchased an LED work light, to illuminate under the hood.

I also put down the blanket as they recommended in the video and it was a good thing as you invariably drop one of the parts. Ironically, the blanket slid a little to the side and when I dropped one of the screws, I could not find it. I thought it hit the blanket and bounced down to the ground. I search and searched and almost called a search and rescue team, but then noticed there was an one inch space between the blanket and the edge of the car. I looked down the crack, with a sense of dread, but fortunately the screw was right on top.

As per the video, putting in the plugs and screws is a little bit finicky, but they steadily went on. One of them almost stripped putting it on, with really very little pressure on the screw. When I got to the last location (the screw that fell), it also stripped, once again with very little pressure. They are extremely soft and have a Philips head. I was fortunate to get it out and then went to the store to find a replacement. I tried to find plugs and screw, but to no avail, so I focused on just getting the screw. I found a match, a #6, 3/8” long, pan head screw, but this time with a superior Robertson style head. It went on quickly.

On the video the gentleman put the bumper pads on the vehicle, but in the comments section someone asked why didn’t he put them in the deflector, instead of on the paint of the truck. I thought that was reasonable so I adhered them to the deflector. They stuck and they work, but the deflector is translucent and you can tell where i put them. Not sure if that will bug me or not. To be honest, I could not see the deflector bending enough to reach the truck, unless there is great pressure on the deflector.

I think it looks good, will hopefully prevent stone damage and if it deflects a few bugs along the way, great.

5BC37681-CE4D-4B91-8E90-3B264A3C36A4.jpeg

11DEDD1E-1856-426E-B17C-08E0C5D73E7E.jpeg

88AE99E0-28D1-4CC3-A8F0-24611D3E1247.jpeg

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
Did you buy a euro OEM roof rack? I was wanting a OEM style one (don't need function) for looks but couldnt find one. Guessing there was some modding necessary to fit our Ranger?
Yep, you do have to do some removal of some interior parts, trimming of the gutter rail, drill a couple holes, replace some double sided tape, work around airbags ... and so on.
see this thread for more details: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/thre...ption-euro-market-oem-style.6770/#post-187269

jerrywin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport supercrew
between yesterday and today ... gathered up some timber for the carport project. Put concrete in earlier this fall.
if you have seen recent posts of mine, you will see I am making use of the roof rails already (plus a temp rear bed rail).
Didn't want to try the 6x6's on the roof - those things are heavy!

20201121_134629.jpg
20201120_104845.jpg

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Some are easily lured to the false promises of the dark side. Others will never give up! Never surrender!

1606009795967.png
This is the start of

1606016951876.png

damper roll!!!! Muhahahahah!!
1606017135622.png