Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

I had to show off my Ranger today to my Medicare Lady. She wades through the minefield of Part D Prescription Drug Plans. Our plan is raising prices and she found a better, more coverage plan that will save us about $50 a month... She is interested in a Ranger for her husband and I will likely give them an X Plan to facilitate a Ford buy. I have 4 to give away but so far no takers... Get 4 new ones next year, so hopefully I will be able to help her. For you non old farts....good luck when you turn 65...you are in for a real treat with gov't health care....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Sponsored

GregM

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat 4X4
Occupation
Retired
Hi Folks,

I had to show off my Ranger today to my Medicare Lady. She wades through the minefield of Part D Prescription Drug Plans. Our plan is raising prices and she found a better, more coverage plan that will save us about $50 a month... She is interested in a Ranger for her husband and I will likely give them an X Plan to facilitate a Ford buy. I have 4 to give away but so far no takers... Get 4 new ones next year, so hopefully I will be able to help her. For you non old farts....good luck when you turn 65...you are in for a real treat with gov't health care....

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks for the heads up Phil. Its coming up soon :frown:

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
And people just voted for more of it LOL......
‘But in all seriousness,I have a good buddy who’s a retired VP of Continental tire,and we were discussing that very thing recently as I’m 9-10 years away,and can’t imagine what an S-show it may well be by then.

y2krtaf

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Aircraft mechanic
That is radical looking, in a good way :like:
Thanks! I was on the fence about it for those reasons,but in person,it does really fit the clean look and lines of the Ranger,which I dig.

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Rehabilitation Facilities Manager
Installed some low and hi beam LED's in the reflector housings on my XLT, have to say, these have a great beam pattern, haven't had to adjust the headlights since install. also, installed some ford cupholder inserts, just because I can ?
20201027_202044.jpg
20201031_204757.jpg
Low Beams.
20201031_204802.jpg
Hi Beams
Those look nice and bright. What manufacturer/ part # are those leds ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
This is what Dave's (@AzScorpion ) truck looked like the next morning after using new 303 white phosphorus spray sunbrite super fast dry.?

Evening, just finishing up

View attachment 61951 .

Next morning, out the front door

View attachment 61952
Back label warns of " fiction caused by over zealous buffing may cause unwanted results":angry:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hi Phil.

Good cautionary note considering...

All things being equal and nothing gets "improved" by the helpful gov't, my advice to all youngsters is to check out a quality supplemental (if you don't already have it in your current version) and have it when you do "retire" (if it's still allowed and we haven't gone Logan's Run).

The combination more than compensates for premium cost by eliminating 98% + of "retail" billed expenses, but make sure your medical care accepts Medicare. Also, look into prescription service as part of any plan for 90 day by mail, unless you get to be one of those totally healthy, never been sick, don't wear out types :blush:.

Lastly, if you retire with an employee plan that does not disallow it, check into Medicare before you get there, at least 4-6 months prior cause when it's time, walking out that door is going to be better than buying a Ranger:turkey:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This is what Dave's (@AzScorpion ) truck looked like the next morning after using new 303 white phosphorus spray sunbrite super fast dry.?

Evening, just finishing up

View attachment 61951 .

Next morning, out the front door

View attachment 61952
Back label warns of " fiction caused by over zealous buffing may cause unwanted results":angry:
Actually this is what happens when you add a tailgate damper and are not ready for the added hp and torque it gives you. The ones I list come with this label. ?

104+.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

DangerRanger01

First Name
Boston
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Saint John, British Columbia, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
I.T & Graphics Design Developer
Those look nice and bright. What manufacturer/ part # are those leds ?
They are the go-performance X2 series LED's. They are a fan design so I wasn't sure if the low beams would fit under the dust cap, but they managed to fit with just a little wiggle room left, the drivers and everything else can be crammed in there, so far I haven't had any issues with them being enclosed, no flickering at all. Haven't had to adjust the housing for glare, and they mimic the stock halogen beam pattern really well, not spotty or scattered all over the place.

their part numbers on the go-perform website are: 99111 for the H11, and 99951 for the 9005. I still have the halogen bulbs in the fog lights but am thinking of going with a fan-less switchback design from white to yellow. I had these in my civic and they were amazing, and super bright.

fogs on amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DHQSFJY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=AUYU7ACQSBQ37&psc=1

HotRod

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 2WD
Occupation
Rehabilitation Facilities Manager
They are the go-performance X2 series LED's. They are a fan design so I wasn't sure if the low beams would fit under the dust cap, but they managed to fit with just a little wiggle room left, the drivers and everything else can be crammed in there, so far I haven't had any issues with them being enclosed, no flickering at all. Haven't had to adjust the housing for glare, and they mimic the stock halogen beam pattern really well, not spotty or scattered all over the place.

their part numbers on the go-perform website are: 99111 for the H11, and 99951 for the 9005. I still have the halogen bulbs in the fog lights but am thinking of going with a fan-less switchback design from white to yellow. I had these in my civic and they were amazing, and super bright.

fogs on amazon:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DHQSFJY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=AUYU7ACQSBQ37&psc=1
Thanks for all the info. From others ive seen ( in other trucks too ) theses seem to be the way to go. Thanks for sharing !

DangerRanger01

First Name
Boston
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Saint John, British Columbia, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
I.T & Graphics Design Developer
Thanks for all the info. From others ive seen ( in other trucks too ) theses seem to be the way to go. Thanks for sharing !
yeah, no worries, just letting you know that if you do go with these bulbs, there is the angled line that determines the beam pattern cut, make sure the line is going like \ not like /, haha, not the greatest way to describe it but its close.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Hi Folks,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
I dread having to deal with it. I mentioned the other day that I wasn't going to fool with Medicare, but I was informed it is a "have to". I don't necessarily like that idea. :frown: