Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
Polish_20201029_154336089.jpg
Thought it would be fun to just take the whole thing apart. Not really, the aftermarket headlights just do not fit properly so she got buttoned back up as stock.
Curious which headlights you tried. Is it the Mustang style w/ sequential turn signal? I want those real bad but I haven't seen anyone swap them in successfully yet.

nutzNboltz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
Curious which headlights you tried. Is it the Mustang style w/ sequential turn signal? I want those real bad but I haven't seen anyone swap them in successfully yet.
Polish_20201029_052758774.jpg

Yeah, the Mustang/sequentials. Lower outer fender mount does not line up. Almost a 2" miss.

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
If there's ever a case for having a 3D printer...then this could be it. Could you print a bracket to bridge the gap?
I mean..I don't know how the rest of the fitment is with them, but if it's off laterally then maybe a bracket to bridge it?

nutzNboltz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX
Occupation
Professional Idiot
If there's ever a case for having a 3D printer...then this could be it. Could you print a bracket to bridge the gap?
I actually have both a filament printer and a resin printer. These are supposed to be plug and play. Working with the seller (China time dif is a pain). If I get stuck with them I will make an attachment block.

Not only is there a -/+ 2" gap, it is also a bit forward set. Wish I had a 3d scanner, I suck at CAD. I could mock up a block in about an hour.

Also some wire issues I do not understand yet. I think these may actually be Mustang lights. Dunno

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I actually have both a filament printer and a resin printer. These are supposed to be plug and play. Working with the seller (China time dif is a pain). If I get stuck with them I will make an attachment block.

Not only is there a -/+ 2" gap, it is also a bit forward set. Wish I had a 3d scanner, I suck at CAD. I could mock up a block in about an hour.

Also some wire issues I do not understand yet. I think these may actually be Mustang lights. Dunno
Wow...yeah I was wondering if it was just the +/- 2" gap or if there were other issues. Hope it works out for you!

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Installed compact Air horn (Stebel Nautilus)
Louder than stock, but not obnoxious.
Found a perfect spot for it, just under the top hood shroud/fascia.
Give us a short vid of the horn blowingo_O

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 (BAP)
Occupation
Products
Had the Fox 2.0 (“Tuned by Ford Performance”) suspension kit installed, plus the Ford Performance red tow hooks and a red ARB rear diff cover.

I’m loving the suspension so far on the road. Feels super smooth and stable. And I think the stance looks good. Looking forward to testing it out off road in Moab this weekend.

TBH, I’m ambivalent about the red tow hooks and red diff cover. I think they look pretty good, but maybe it would have been better to leave it all black on gray.

1F5479C3-243A-4696-8569-DF0EE9D3D50A.jpeg

B3629E13-0C7B-4E1B-A57C-D3724FE6F7D4.jpeg

9EC5067A-A314-42B5-8EB5-23598692EAA7.jpeg

75C0D881-8834-451F-82FD-84A7E5FFAD3D.jpeg

C7F88D2E-9380-4422-8FEA-A781791CB3F7.jpeg

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Hi Folks,

Took the Ranger to the UPS store today as more meds delivered to the mail box and not our home...sheesh!

Anyway...post reflash of the PCM has shown that I have a very different Ranger than before relative to cold starts. It is a totally different vehicle. No surging...silky smooth operation. Why the vehicle could not have been delivered with this calibration is beyond me. I am saddened that 2019 Rangers suffered needlessly with marginal driveability. I place the blame for this poor performance on the same manager that accepted the abomination of an owners manual with its ommissions and inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

I could have sat in my office and never driven a Ranger during my time as head of Ranger...drive into work in my Lincoln...Drive home in my Linconl...totally clueless to driving a truck. I chose to drive Rangers every day almost. When something was not right....I gave direction to diagnose and to fix... it is called passion for the product...

Anyone with a 2019 should take advantage of the TSB 20-2339 if you have any cold start driveability concerns..be they engine or transmission.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.
I agree completely Phil. If you don’t have a passion for your work how can you get up and go in each day. Makes life miserable for sure. Mine drives better after the reflash too.
And thanks for being so dedicated to the Ranger platform over the years. I have had three of them. Loved them all and put many many miles on them. Thanks for making that possible.
Sponsored