First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Folks,

Took the Ranger to the UPS store today as more meds delivered to the mail box and not our home...sheesh!

Anyway...post reflash of the PCM has shown that I have a very different Ranger than before relative to cold starts. It is a totally different vehicle. No surging...silky smooth operation. Why the vehicle could not have been delivered with this calibration is beyond me. I am saddened that 2019 Rangers suffered needlessly with marginal driveability. I place the blame for this poor performance on the same manager that accepted the abomination of an owners manual with its ommissions and inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

I could have sat in my office and never driven a Ranger during my time as head of Ranger...drive into work in my Lincoln...Drive home in my Linconl...totally clueless to driving a truck. I chose to drive Rangers every day almost. When something was not right....I gave direction to diagnose and to fix... it is called passion for the product...

Anyone with a 2019 should take advantage of the TSB 20-2339 if you have any cold start driveability concerns..be they engine or transmission.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.
How do I go about doing this?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Hi Folks,

Took the Ranger to the UPS store today as more meds delivered to the mail box and not our home...sheesh!

Anyway...post reflash of the PCM has shown that I have a very different Ranger than before relative to cold starts. It is a totally different vehicle. No surging...silky smooth operation. Why the vehicle could not have been delivered with this calibration is beyond me. I am saddened that 2019 Rangers suffered needlessly with marginal driveability. I place the blame for this poor performance on the same manager that accepted the abomination of an owners manual with its ommissions and inaccuracies and inconsistencies.

I could have sat in my office and never driven a Ranger during my time as head of Ranger...drive into work in my Lincoln...Drive home in my Linconl...totally clueless to driving a truck. I chose to drive Rangers every day almost. When something was not right....I gave direction to diagnose and to fix... it is called passion for the product...

Anyone with a 2019 should take advantage of the TSB 20-2339 if you have any cold start driveability concerns..be they engine or transmission.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co.
The fine folks at Peoria Ford have refused twice to address the TSB, even though I printed it out and handed it to them to show them what I was talking about. Is this something I could just pay for out of my pocket and get them to do, do you think?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The fine folks at Peoria Ford have refused twice to address the TSB, even though I printed it out and handed it to them to show them what I was talking about. Is this something I could just pay for out of my pocket and get them to do, do you think?
I'm surprised they're refusing this. I bought my Ranger there and so far they've been great to deal with. I'm wondering if there's a different service manager? Hope you can get this taken care of, have you tried Sanderson Ford? I've never dealt with them but have heard others say they were happy.

One thing I really dislike about this state is the lack of customer service out here....It's like the bottom of the barrel that they hire! I'm going through this now with ac companies. Several have not even shown up and most just show up late, like 30 minutes late. This is for a new complete system too not just a repair. You'd think if someones spending $7000-$8000 you'd show up for the estimate? :facepalm:

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
I'm surprised they're refusing this. I bought my Ranger there and so far they've been great to deal with. I'm wondering if there's a different service manager? Hope you can get this taken care of, have you tried Sanderson Ford? I've never dealt with them but have heard others say they were happy.

One thing I really dislike about this state is the lack of customer service out here....It's like the bottom of the barrel that they hire! I'm going through this now with ac companies. Several have not even shown up and most just show up late, like 30 minutes late. This is for a new complete system too not just a repair. You'd think if someones spending $7000-$8000 you'd show up for the estimate? :facepalm:
We deal with Howard Air, and have for the last 7-ish years.
Techs seem to know their stuff, and the customer service we've received is very good.
They put new AC on the house we just sold a few years ago, and were awesome with it. They do our bi-annual service on our units, and will be replacing them when the time comes.

As for Sanderson...I've never used them. My service writer at Peoria is a nice guy, and gives me good service otherwise, so maybe I just need to lean on him a little harder to see about getting this done. I'm happy to pay for it out of pocket...

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
Installed compact Air horn (Stebel Nautilus)
Louder than stock, but not obnoxious.
Found a perfect spot for it, just under the top hood shroud/fascia.

Also installed Baja Designs Amber S2 fog lights. ( awesome mini but powerful ligths)

621AAC21-474C-45B7-B038-A967788F0E3B.jpeg

48202AA7-7C9B-401A-96ED-5ADECD44F327.jpeg

D42EBDE4-BF39-46D9-8731-24B5B4B1CD40.jpeg

930E98FF-9349-4318-BB4E-9F97EF43DE57.jpeg

AEFF16E1-701E-457B-A984-F9E5890EAE57.jpeg

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
Installed compact Air horn (Stebel Nautilus)
Louder than stock, but not obnoxious.
Found a perfect spot for it, just under the top hood shroud/fascia.

Also installed Baja Designs Amber S2 fog lights. ( awesome mini but powerful ligths)

621AAC21-474C-45B7-B038-A967788F0E3B.jpeg

48202AA7-7C9B-401A-96ED-5ADECD44F327.jpeg

D42EBDE4-BF39-46D9-8731-24B5B4B1CD40.jpeg

930E98FF-9349-4318-BB4E-9F97EF43DE57.jpeg

AEFF16E1-701E-457B-A984-F9E5890EAE57.jpeg
how did you wire up those fogs, and that stebel, had a stebel on my motorcycle years ago, scared the shit out of people. thanks in advance
tony

KnightRanger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2016 Harley FLSS,
Vehicle Showcase
how did you wire up those fogs, and that stebel, had a stebel on my motorcycle years ago, scared the shit out of people. thanks in advance
tony
I installed a 6 gang auxiliary box with switch previously,
(see a few posts above) so when I add accessories and lights, The red wire 12+ goes to the box/ circuit I chose and negative to the ground bolt by d/s engine bay. The box itself is protected by relays and fuse.
It also has a wire hooked up for ACC/ ignition only.
(prevent accidental battery drain).

2311502D-B413-448B-B5C9-62A000182578.jpeg

CD89BD4F-4C0F-4AAB-B5D8-503355704726.jpeg

Last edited: