First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave have a fun and safe trip. Don't forget lube for your damper :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks Greg. ?

As if you really needed to ask. lol. It's part of my maintenance routine....Check oil, tire pressure and lube damper. ?
Sponsored

l0rdv8r

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.reddit.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
CTO @ NASA

Blue Streak

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX FX 2021 Honda CR V
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're ok and yes those jacks suck. I learned my lesson with those years back when we went out for a quick late day trip to VT snowmobiling. I forgot to throw my floor jack in the trailer and wouldn't you know it I got a flat about half way up a steep hill at night to make it even worse! Long story short we got it changed but had a few pucker moments like you did and never forgot the floor jack again. We're getting ready for our road trip tomorrow and the floor jack is already in the back if the Ranger along with all the tools.
Sounds like I'll be calling AAA roadside assistance. :like:

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
Yeah, SO much better than the "SPORT" decal!!

IMG_20201010_181258.jpg

IMG_20201010_184706.jpg
That’s looks really good. What size is your “Ranger” decal?
Would be really cool with a 4x4 below it in same font or something to compliment it.

Rock76

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
What size is your “Ranger” decal?
23" x 3 1/2"

Made them myself, so I could only go 23". I feel like they're just the right size.

I was going to do XLT, since I don't have a 4x4, but I decided to keep it a little more simple.

Last edited:

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Did a couple of things the other day...just haven't had time to post them... 1st was the painting of the rear badge. Working on something for the front grill, so only did the rear for now. Man, it really makes a difference.
IMG_2295.JPG

Then, got my RAM mount setup for my phone and gotta say that I really love it.

IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2393.JPG

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I changed a flat tire. Sounds simple enough. I’ve change many tires. It‘s easy....It wasn’t!
Lower full size spare (really like the full size spare for a couple of reasons, now), get jack, break lugs nuts free, lift truck at the prescribed place on the axle and then remove lug nuts. Now to simply raise the truck a bit more to ensure I can get the spare on and...the jack slips and falls. Nothing is more comfortable than crawling under the truck as it rests on the tire with no lug nuts as the weight of the vehicle holds it half on the studs. I put the spare under the running board anchor point to give me some “safety”, at least I hoped it did. The only better feeling was the SECOND time the jack slipped making the angle for the tire even worse. Back under to fix the jack...position a second jack just in case. Sorry no pics, but I was thinking of other things at the moment like my truck falling on me and “Do I really have enough life insurance?”
Just let me warn you the provided jack doesn’t sit well on the back axle. Any kind of slope to the ground your truck is sitting on will cause it to slip.
HOLY CRAP! Glad you're OK Joel!

It's for this EXACT REASON I carry one of these in my cargo storage/repair kit:

IMG_6998.jpeg

It's a jack + jack stand all-in-one with a super-wide base. The cradle fits/holds the rear axle perfectly and I have a solid hockey puck for a flat/flush surface on any other jacking point if needed.

It's not cheap (I actually have two of them, but keep just one is in the truck) and it does take up some storage space.

But getting stranded and/or crushed on the side of the road....
This seems like a small price to pay for a piece-of-mind/insurance for me!
;)

Skeletor

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Ford is replacing the turbo due to boost loss. Started making sounds at 13,000 miles. Now at 25,000 and they are replacing it. I pull a 6800lb travel trailer full time wet.

JHC14

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2017 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Executive Pastor
HOLY CRAP! Glad you're OK Joel!

It's for this EXACT REASON I carry one of these in my cargo storage/repair kit:

IMG_6998.jpeg

It's a jack + jack stand all-in-one with a super-wide base. The cradle fits/holds the rear axle perfectly and I have a solid hockey puck for a flat/flush surface on any other jacking point if needed.

It's not cheap (I actually have two of them, but keep just one is in the truck) and it does take up some storage space.

But getting stranded and/or crushed on the side of the road....
This seems like a small price to pay for a piece-of-mind/insurance for me!
;)
You answered the question I had but had not asked yet...of course a rolling floor jack is great for around the garage, but not practical on the side of the road. This looks exactly like what I need/want. Where could one find something like this? May be something I give each of my boys for Christmas too.
Sponsored