What did you do to your Ranger today?

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Just dropped it off at the local dealer to get the Ford Performance/Fox leveling kit front struts installed and an alignment.

Figured I had a bunch of Rewards Points and I might as well use them.
Sponsored

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Just dropped it off at the local dealer to get the Ford Performance/Fox leveling kit front struts installed and an alignment.

Figured I had a bunch of Rewards Points and I might as well use them.
Get the headlights re-aimed too...
Having to take mine back to have that done as they apparently forgot to do it at install.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
Chris they're easy to adjust. Just pull your truck into the driveway and aim at the back wall of your garage. Here's a previous post and pictures where the adjustment screws are. Took me like 10 minutes max.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fyi-headlight-adjustment-after-lift.2874/
That only works when you know where they were initially and where they're supposed to be pointed, though, right? I have no point of reference for that.
On a related note, I'm dropping it off at the dealer tonight for my oil change, etc, and have asked them to do it while they have it there :)
But thanks, Dave. Gonna look through that link anyway just in case I don't like how they've done it!

Johnv1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Added Yakima Bedrock and 68" HD bars. Couldn't bring myself to spend the money on an "overlanding" bed rack. When I was completely honest with myself I knew I didn't really need it and the cross bars with a rack on top will be plenty. All of our camping gear is in Pelican cases so I don't need to worry about water and they're easy to tie down. Once I get a rack or platform on it it'll give us plenty of room to store gear.
PXL_20201001_132148356.jpg
PXL_20201001_132217404.jpg
PXL_20201001_132240934.jpg
This looks cool and I was considering this for my truck for when I go skiing to free up space in the bed. Do you know if the racks sold through ford that are low profile are the same as the bed rock?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That only works when you know where they were initially and where they're supposed to be pointed, though, right? I have no point of reference for that.
On a related note, I'm dropping it off at the dealer tonight for my oil change, etc, and have asked them to do it while they have it there :)
But thanks, Dave. Gonna look through that link anyway just in case I don't like how they've done it!
In that case I'd let them do it but it's not worth a separate trip to the dealer. :)

I forgot to mark the wall before having mine leveled. I just marked it after leveling then adjusted it (by eye) lower a couple inches and never got flashed since.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Security Supervisor
You're right. Looks easy.
The hard part for me is I can't park that far away from my garage wall, as my short little new driveway goes downhill from the house.
Sigh....it's always something.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Yea, this morning before the sun came up I put my Ranger in front of the garage and marked the top/center of the beams with tape on the garage door. Figured I would park it in the same spot when I get it back and adjust as necessary.

daniel3507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
This looks cool and I was considering this for my truck for when I go skiing to free up space in the bed. Do you know if the racks sold through ford that are low profile are the same as the bed rock?
I think Ford offers both this one and the taller ones, both made by Yakima. You will need the 68" HD bars for the bedrock option. The 60" may stretch the width of the bed but the mounts do not extended all the way to the edge of the bars. I originally purchased 60" and had to send them back for the large size.

Ranger Danger01

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Not so much as what I did...but what was done to my truck. Last week rolled my driver side window down and when I rolled it back up...lo and behold....a crack appears. Then much to my chagrin...it grows!!! Quick call to the Stealership and got an outrageous quote (IMO) and was told by my insurance company that I would have to pay my Comp deductible...called Safelite and BAM! it's fixed..
DSWindow (1).JPG
DSWindow (1).JPG
DSWindow (2).JPG

Also, working on painting emblems for the front and rear. Bought them off here and decided to paint those instead of the ones that came on my truck...you know...in case I messed sh*t up...at least I would still have the ones that come with the truck...I'll post pictures once I'm done.

cb4017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Actually it was yesterday. I had the local dealer install the Ford/Fox Performance front struts. Using my rewards points it only cost me $168. Figured that was well worth it as it maintains the warranty and if I have any issues it's on them.

Oddly enough they were not able to do the alignment. Told me their machine has not been upgraded for the Rangers. I have an appointment next week with the local Goodyear dealer for the alignment.

I swapped the rear shocks myself.

Here are the required pics.

20201003_105051 (Medium).jpg

20201003_105111 (Medium).jpg

20201003_105254 (Medium).jpg

Stevie Gee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Rancho Santa Margarita (Orange County),CA
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
Retired Fed - H.U.D. (Housing and Urban Development)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the tailgate lock. Pretty tight area trying to get the original bolt out, then the new one in, while using the locking key to tighten it.?

F99C32BC-D63C-4F86-A2CB-CEA1292BBE3E.jpeg
Sponsored