What did you do to your Ranger today?

IngotTexasRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Took my Ranger out for a ride in the Noxubee Wildlife Refuge yesterday and today installed yellow/amber LED pods and A-pillar brackets from fordrangerlifts. Pods were just cheapo amazon ones mainly for looks right now, and Robby's brackets feel super sturdy and were a breeze to install. Had them on my truck including aiming the pods 30 minutes after the FedEx truck came.

So far from purchase in late June I have had all these things done:

-RC 2.5" level
-LED pods on fordrangerlifts brackets
-Bedliner
-Windows tinted
-Husky floor liners (lined with tons of real husky fur now!)
-Removed lower air dam/valence (makes the 2wd looks so much better)
-Removed Sport decal
-Removed antenna

Also:
-Waiting for my backordered 265/70r17 BFG KO2's to show up
-I have a MPVI2 from HPtuners ready to go in but gonna to hold off for a few months.

ntdfPXcdSYCpyI1OYzLoVg.jpg
zTON0N0KRR612q%RXKKC6Q.jpg
avAC40k2T3CYZCU9+wwTbQ.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
Installed Rough Country XL2 Steps. Note to all DO NOT attempt to install alone it was a pain in the a**. Sadly i don't know anyone where i live but it turned out good I reckon:

IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
Installed Rough Country XL2 Steps. Note to all DO NOT attempt to install alone it was a pain in the a**. Sadly i don't know anyone where i live but it turned out good I reckon:

IMG_2015.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg
The steps look great and yeas it seems like most things go better with a second set of hands.
How did you decide on these for your truck?
Do you find them functional to use?
Most of these style of running board/steps I am not a fan of how they look. These however look great.
Brian

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
More of a week long project but I finished my Light force facia/switch and Redarc trailer brake controller install. Only took so long because I was installing stuff as it arrived throughout the week. Turned out great.

20200911_130914-COLLAGE.jpg

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
Installed the two tie-down points that many are missing from the factory. I used what I learned here on the forum to request that the dealer to provide them at no charge as a warranty item, and that is exactly what they did.

A note to those who may be installing these with the Ford drop-in bed liner: There is not a straight shot to the bolts through the access holes in the bed liner. If you have not installed the one-time-use push-in plastic plugs in the upper rear corners, there is enough fore and aft play in the installed bed liner to get a standard ratchet extension to the bolts without resorting to a wobble extension. With the paint in the threads, I was concerned about cross-threading, so I started all of them with my fingers, and not without some difficulty. They all went in straight, though, so I didn't need to clean out the threads to make it work.

IMG_0150.jpeg

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
tracy i have people in cottonwood, My dear uncle passed away there yesterday :(
I'm sorry about your uncle. Wow, Cottonwood is so close to me. I live outside Enterprise and work in Dothan.

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
I'm sorry about your uncle. Wow, Cottonwood is so close to me. I live outside Enterprise and work in Dothan.
thank you for the kind words, my mom was born in cottonwood, we lived in northeast alabama just north of anniston. Her brother is the one that passed yesterday, one of the finest examples of a man i ever met.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
thank you for the kind words, my mom was born in cottonwood, we lived in northeast alabama just north of anniston. Her brother is the one that passed yesterday, one of the finest examples of a man i ever met.
I've had uncles who made huge impressions on me also. I pray the Lord will help you and your family through this sad time

T Bone

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Southern Adirondack Mountains of upstate NY
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Retired!!!!
I've had uncles who made huge impressions on me also. I pray the Lord will help you and your family through this sad time
thank you tracy, sorry if i derailed the thread, next to my father, this man taught me more about being a decent human being than anyone on the planet.