First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Retired
Made a hitch step. I'm too old to step that high anymore. Harbor Freight for the D shackle receiver hitch, some leftover roll on bed liner and 4x4x1/4 angle.
The bed liner was left over from making a platform for better storage for my tools behind the seats.

138.JPG

139.JPG

142.JPG

135.JPG
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
My 51 year old elbow can't deal with the poor padding on the center armrest!
I have a great shop in town that does all the dealer upgrades so I get super pricing dealing direct. See pix before black vinyl and after leather stitched to match seats with double the padding...

20200831_071823.jpg

20200910_081603.jpg

20200910_081617.jpg

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Finally was able to get out and wash and detail it last night. This summer has been the hottest on record here with 50+ days over 110 degrees. Even morning temps at 5:00am have been 88 degrees. ? Yesterday only hit 91 so it was a perfect night to wash, wax and full detail the inside.

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Finally was able to get out and wash and detail it last night. This summer has been the hottest on record here with 50+ days over 110 degrees. Even morning temps at 5:00am have been 88 degrees. ? Yesterday only hit 91 so it was a perfect night to wash, wax and full detail the inside.

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg
I used to be the psycho that got up at dawn to hand-detail int/ext every week [min 4 hrs b/c I have ocd issues]...for years I did this! Now I go to a great car wash I found that has semi-touch less soft wash exterior for $9; then I go home for wipe/dry and interior detail myself and wax once a month. I've saved about 2 hours a week easily in my time. I just dont have the time or energy anymore, we had major covid staff/salary cuts and I need the added time to make more money or REST! :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I used to be the psycho that got up at dawn to hand-detail int/ext every week [min 4 hrs b/c I have ocd issues]...for years I did this! Now I go to a great car wash I found that has semi-touch less soft wash exterior for $9; then I go home for wipe/dry and interior detail myself and wax once a month. I've saved about 2 hours a week easily in my time. I just dont have the time or energy anymore, we had major covid staff/salary cuts and I need the added time to make more money or REST! :)
More money and rest are good! I'm super OCD too and I can't stand a dirty truck! My driveway faces south so it's in constant sun all day long,I hate it. When I was living back east I use to have neoprene diving gloves with the high cuff so I could wash my F 150 in the winter winters without freezing my fingers off.

There are no touchless car washes near me and I will never take any vehicle through those big long paint scratching micro fiber ones. All they're doing is taking dirt from every other vehicles and raking it across yours. :facepalm:

I do still enjoy detailing my truck and you're right it's about a 3-4 hour process. I spent almost 3 hours last night just on the outside and another hour finishing up the inside this morning. Now I need a nap! lol

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
More money and rest are good! I'm super OCD too and I can't stand a dirty truck! My driveway faces south so it's in constant sun all day long,I hate it. When I was living back east I use to have neoprene diving gloves with the high cuff so I could wash my F 150 in the winter winters without freezing my fingers off.

There are no touchless car washes near me and I will never take any vehicle through those big long paint scratching micro fiber ones. All they're doing is taking dirt from every other vehicles and raking it across yours. :facepalm:

I do still enjoy detailing my truck and you're right it's about a 3-4 hour process. I spent almost 3 hours last night just on the outside and another hour finishing up the inside this morning. Now I need a nap! lol
Could have saved 30 seconds if you didn't have a damper.:devil::bandit:

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
For my Mustang, a detail will last about 12 to 13 hours. It's physically back breaking, hot, and uncomfortable. My OCD just gets the best of me!

I am sooooooooooo glad I bought my truck slightly used or I would be as insane about the condition of the truck as I am about the condition of my Mustang! This past Sunday I went out on an all day 4x4 expedition in the truck, and it got very muddy and it collected a few pin-stripes. On Monday, I pressure washed all of the mud off of it and out from under it, and then I cheated! Now-de-mudded, I took it down the street and had a car wash crew wash it while I waited. In 10 minutes they hand washed it, dried it, vacuumed it, wiped down all of the interior, cleaned the glass, wiped down the door jams, and gave it back to me! :crackup:
2020-09-07 09.24.31.jpg

2020-09-07 11.09.27.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
But the extra hp I get from is is worth it. ?

How's your wife doing now? Hope everything's going well. ?

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
But the extra hp I get from is is worth it. ?

How's your wife doing now? Hope everything's going well. ?
Physically doing pretty good. Mentally, still has it in the back of her head that she could drop dead again, so not driving anywhere by herself. :frown: Certainly understandable.

Am taking her up to the cabin where it happened soon.

Bsenecal

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew, 2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1968 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Military
My 51 year old elbow can't deal with the poor padding on the center armrest!
I have a great shop in town that does all the dealer upgrades so I get super pricing dealing direct. See pix before black vinyl and after leather stitched to match seats with double the padding...

20200831_071823.jpg

20200910_081603.jpg

20200910_081617.jpg
Looks great!
Brian

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm in the 'no' dampener camp in case anyone is keeping a tally...I had a 2009 Ram and that tailgate needed a dampener though I never got one. Comparing the two the Ranger is like a glove box lid!