First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Thanks. It's not too far off in person. I wasn't looking for direct match, just something a little brighter than stock. The stock ford blue just looked a little bland to me. It's the same color blue as I did my tow hooks / bed tie downs. I think its Rustoleum royal blue (gloss). Yes I did gloss clear over those pieces. The chrome pieces I did satin black. I didn't want gloss (too shiny compared to the other plastics). Just did a good scuff with sandpaper on everything, then a wipe down with 50/50 alcohol / distilled water. I keep a spray bottle of it, works good as a degreaser and windshield cleaner. Blew any lint off with a shot of compressed air. Then paint. Snap everything back together. Couple dabs of krazy glue on the backside.
Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking about doing something like that but wasn't quite sure how it would look. It works for me. Especially the black on the camera mount. With my sport appearance package it is just too much chrome back there. I took the silver Ecoboost badge off (It relocated to under the hood) and thinking about replacing it with a black background one I found. I going to leave the EXT on the side vents alone for now. This will finish off the back and tone down the front badge until I can get my RTR grill.
Think I'll see if I can match the Lightning Blue and Magnetic closer though.

Now you just need some tailgate and grill letters to finish it off, if that's your thing. Looking good though, Love the Lightning Blue.

Nessrob

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Today was just a clean up day. Gonna pick up an old coworker for lunch so needed to represent lol. Also it will be my 3rd drive with the FP tune so I’m very excited!

3E06D05E-926C-4839-AB36-30332D4F4B8B.jpeg
Nice truck! What do you think of the FP tune? Is it noticeable? Did you have it done at a Ford dealership with the larger tires? I have read that the warranty could be void if installed with tires over 31”.

Reactions: Doc

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I didn't do anything TO my Ranger today, but I did use it for its first heavy haul. I hauled a full yard of 3/4 minus crushed gravel. I'm sure it is overloaded, but it did really good. I didn't have to drive TOO far. Power wise, it did great. A bit squirrely in the front end due to all the weight in the back, but otherwise it did great. I'm very pleased.....

20200818_141952.jpg

After I empty it, this will be my test of my bedrug. I didn't put anything under it - we will see how it holds up. I'm hoping all I have to do is hose it out. More on that later.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I forgot to mention that I asked for damper tune, smooth lowering, extra slow...
I have the performance damper tune so when my hands are full it
Well, I didn't do anything TO my Ranger today, but I did use it for its first heavy haul. I hauled a full yard of 3/4 minus crushed gravel. I'm sure it is overloaded, but it did really good. I didn't have to drive TOO far. Power wise, it did great. A bit squirrely in the front end due to all the weight in the back, but otherwise it did great. I'm very pleased.....

20200818_141952.jpg

After I empty it, this will be my test of my bedrug. I didn't put anything under it - we will see how it holds up. I'm hoping all I have to do is hose it out. More on that later.

How's the back after unloading all that? I use to have to do mulch every spring and I'd swear that next year I was paying someone to deliver it and spread it because my back would be killing me for days. Will be interesting to see how easy the rug cleans up.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
How's the back after unloading all that? I use to have to do mulch every spring and I'd swear that next year I was paying someone to deliver it and spread it because my back would be killing me for days. Will be interesting to see how easy the rug cleans up.
As of right now, it is still sitting in the truck. :LOL: I was waiting for it to cool off a bit before I empty it. My wife is going to help as well, but I'm sure I will be rather sore tomorrow.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
As of right now, it is still sitting in the truck. :LOL: I was waiting for it to cool off a bit before I empty it. My wife is going to help as well, but I'm sure I will be rather sore tomorrow.
Lol...Maybe you can just remove the tailgate and hit the gas and let it fly out. ?

Manny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Emblems reinstalled, tonneau cover on. Got my mount for the fire extinguisher, now just gotta come up with a solution. I'm thinking of attaching it to some aluminum stock, and mounting the stock to the factory holes. If anyone knows the size of those two holes in the back of the bed, I'd be very grateful. If not, I'm sure I can find it here somewhere. Mount seems very sturdy and well machined for a $30 amazon piece. I almost bought the one from Drake for $85. Glad I didn't.
IMG_4675.jpg
IMG_4677.jpg
IMG_4678.jpg
IMG_4679.jpg
This might help with the fire extinguisher mount:
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/conversations/fire-extinguisher.2502/#convMessage-14255

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Did you see any notable difference after the exhaust only? How about after you had both exhaust and CAI?
Brian
The exhaust helps enormously. Add the CAI to that and you’ll not regret it. Load a tune and you’ll be grinning ear to ear and not worry about your fuel economy,

pull string get cookies

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 White Platinum
Vehicle Showcase
Ugh ??‍♂ I honestly wasn’t quiet sure if I’d regret not getting the lariat. I’m sure this is just the first time that I’m a little jealous. Thanks for the response!
For me, the Lariat came with enough that it made sense for me to get that over an XLT w/ the options I really wanted. Everyone has their own preferences. Cheers!
Sponsored